Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, kids. I was talking to my friends at importautosalvage.com . It seems they can get me the total front and rear brake swap from a 00 SI for about $400. Do you think I will notice a great difference in spirited street driving if I get disc's in the back? Cause my other option is to get some good fluid, good pads, brembo blanks, and stainless lines. Suggestions?

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
My Nissan's got drums on the back, and it sucks
for stopping compared to the all disk Honda. Then again,
they say 60%, (or more), of your stopping force is in
the front, so having drums in the back shouldn't make
that much difference. It does in these two, though, IMO.
The two cars are fairly "compairable", too, in weight, hp,
etc....Wish I could say "yay or nay", but it's up to you:
my Honda's been lowered, and so many other things,
that might effect stopping. The Nisan's basically stock.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Nyceguy17 said:
Well, kids. I was talking to my friends at importautosalvage.com . It seems they can get me the total front and rear brake swap from a 00 SI for about $400. Do you think I will notice a great difference in spirited street driving if I get disc's in the back? Cause my other option is to get some good fluid, good pads, brembo blanks, and stainless lines. Suggestions?
I got my rears from importautosalvage :)

What model do you currently have?

Just noticed the hatch in your pic. With that factored in, then you need to jump on those SI brakes. The rears won't do much for your braking, but the fronts will do quite a bit. You get a bigger rotor up front *AND* a bigger caliper. You also want the booster and mc out of the SI as well. You should see if they will throw in the front lower control arms and shock forks as well. That will allow you to run an SI sway bar.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kommon_sense said:
I got my rears from importautosalvage :)

What model do you currently have?

Just noticed the hatch in your pic. With that factored in, then you need to jump on those SI brakes. The rears won't do much for your braking, but the fronts will do quite a bit. You get a bigger rotor up front *AND* a bigger caliper. You also want the booster and mc out of the SI as well. You should see if they will throw in the front lower control arms and shock forks as well. That will allow you to run an SI sway bar.

00 DX hatch. NO FACT SWAY BARS :(

I think they will. Best part is NO SHIPPING~~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts