Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought the car, I've been noticing that it squeaks sometimes... this doesn't happen often but it does come bad from time to time. It usually happen when I am braking lightly just before I come to a complete stop. What could be causing this?

· Registered
238 Posts
The noise should go away after a few hundred miles. Mine did the same thing, and I got it during the heat of summer. Most likely it's because they are new. Take it in if it doesn't go away soon.

· Registered
2 Posts
Breaks suck

I have had my car in 6 times to be serviced and still they sqeal. Man i am pissed. Looks pretty stupid when a hot looking car is driving by and then you hit the breaks and all you here is squeallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! Pissed off at this car right now. Any suggestions.

· Registered
728 Posts
Handyman S said:
(HEK) Just wondering what the brand name of the pads were you put on your car. And were they softer with less metallic in it. Oh ya, you say MISS YOU SI! What year was your SI. I miss mine too. :(
Handyman, I bought the one's sold at the dealer after having to have taken the one's sold at Autozone back because they sold me the one's that fit the base model,....they're made by Honda I believe...and my SI..was a MR2K....

· Registered
238 Posts
I've had the problem off/on for 3 years now. When it was brand new off the truck and even after the first brake job.

· Registered
8 Posts
HEK said:
I changed my brakes at 30k and there was still "lots" of meat on them but I was getting the squeal, I tried moving back the wear clip but all in all I think that the pads over time develop a glaze that makes the squeal....so just go get some "organic" pads and done deal at least that was my solution...good luck :)

i bought some organic pads and they suck. they squealed alot worst, and they put out a lot of dust. i will never buy organic pads again and they cracked too. so i bought the 50 dollar set from napa and love them they are great no squeal and you don't notice the dust.

· Registered
114 Posts
take the wheels off, pull off the calipers, take out the pads, take off the rotors. Scuff the outside and inside of the rotor with some gritty sandpaper or if you have a die grinder use that, do it in a circular motion all around where the pad touches. Then buy a can of anti-squeak spray from any auto parts store for a couple of bucks and spray the back of the pad let it dry. put rotors and pads back in. Should take care of the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.