Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i come to a stop and i'm lightly depressing the brakes (less than an inch) the brakes start sqeaking. sometimes if i'm going slow enough, it just squeaks on its own without my brakes applied. i just had my brake pads replaced and my rotors resurfaced, along with flushing out my brake lines, making sure there's no air. the squeaking is only coming from the front disc brakes. i examined my brakes and noticed that at stop and the brakes off, the pads were in contact with the rotor. my brakes feel fine so no huge loss of pressure. the only thing i can think of is the pressure seals are going bad in the caliper and somehow its making the squeaky noise. they dont sell the seals seperately so i'd have to buy new calipers. but i was just wondering if there's another way to fix this problem

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
id take off the pads and inspect them and the rotor, it can just be the type of pad you got..cheap stuff squeeks.

sealing has nothing to do with it.

and its normal for the pads to sit on the rotor lightly...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I always put the anti-squeal stuff between the caliper and the pads when installing them, it is gooey then turns harder like silicon sealant but it is made for brakes......never had a squeal!!!!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
oh thats right i remember that stuff...hehe DUH...yea hope you put that on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
take your wheels off and go out and get some brake parts cleaner and spray it on your rotors or rub them down with rubbing aclchohal...drive it for about 15 mins and that should eliminate the squeak....thats if its caused by the rotos....whenever you turn rotors or as the brake dust collects on them it gets between the rotor and the pad causing a squeak in some instances...its a cheap fix you can try

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
JOEL2112 said:
I always put the anti-squeal stuff between the caliper and the pads when installing them, it is gooey then turns harder like silicon sealant but it is made for brakes......never had a squeal!!!!!

whats the stuff called? brand name, where i can get it and how much does it cost? b/c i have a slight squecking problem w/ my breaking.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments...its brembo blanks and i never had a problem with them before... only now.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
the product is called anti squeel or something, just ask the parts counter for the lubricant for the disc pads. its like from 50 cents to 2 dollars

if it snot that then its crappy pads.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
sometimes it'll do that. my TRD brakes did that for a while (didn't bother to put the anti squeal), but it turned out to be the brake dust. after the rains here in socal, there's no more squeal hahaha.

now when it turns from a squeal into a scratching on chalkboard sound, that's when you know it's the pads wearing down :nod

·
Registered
230 Posts
thes stuff i got was at auto-zone.... the first time i used stuff simply called "brake quiet" and it was blue i think....then the next time i used some orange stuff... both were at autozone where all of the tubes of gaskets and sealants are...the orange stuff is made by a crc or cnc company (something like that) and only comes in a bottle...the other stuff was in packets or tubes....... it is only a few dollars.... also brake cleaner can help if there is a lot of dust and dirt but the quiet goop needs to go where the pads and calipers touch.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
every shim i have had stick/adheres to the pad..... the quiet stuff goes between the caliper and the shim...if you have shims.... to minimize mess, i always put some on my finger and spread a small layer on the caliper---where it touches the pad.... so on my accord, it is the two "fingers" on the outside and the piston for the inside pad.....just make sure there is some between the caliper and whatever it pushes on ie; a pad or shim's contact surface....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts