Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I've had my car for about 5 months. I have about 8000 miles on my car and for the past few weeks my brakes are squeeking when I'm slowing coming to a stop. Honda says the brake pads have small metallic shit on it so it gets some better braking or what not.. but I don't believe them. anything you guys can help me out with?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
thats bs, the brakes shouldnt be sqeeking. either your brakes are worn out and the rotors are hitting on the brake sensor. this could happen to new cars, the honda brake compund are soft. or there is brake dust in the brakes.
bring it in and have them clean your brakes, for free. if your brakes are gone after 8k then they should replace it for free too.

my service reps told me that some honda brakes is gone at like 3k, few people got that happen. they live in mountainous area guess.

·
Registered
977 Posts
yah, if you dont take it easy on your brakes for the first couple of months then they can wear out really fast on a brand new car. brakes need to be broken in similarly to the engine and tranny, you can read a little on it in your owners manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the brake squeeking too much. Which side is it coming from? It's more of an annoyance than anything that can damage your car. If it gets too annoying, you can buy a can of Brakecleen and spray it on your rotors and wipe it down to see if that reduces the sound. The indicator will make a metallic grinding sound when you press on the brake, not a squeek.

But if you decide to go to your dealer for them to look at it or clean it, brake pad wear doesn't fall under the bumper to bumper. Just a heads up. It's all on how you drive. I replaced my front pads at 34,000 miles and they were about 25% left.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My dealer offers free brake inspections for as long as you own the car..one of the few good things. Anyway Squeaking and screeching are different..if it squeaks..then it could be surface rust or whatever, but when your brake pads are worn you will get a screeching sound...like metal rubbing on concrete..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it

hey yeah I brought it into honda. they said that I was wearing the brakes down way too fast. I guess I have racing heart ;-) in any case they replaced it for free and the problem is fixed. For people like me who like to brake fast and shit.. will aftermarket rotors and racing brake pads help? how much will that run me?

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Just replace the brake pads, and see if it stops. I'd go with OEM honda brake pads.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Re: got it

Junersun said:
hey yeah I brought it into honda. they said that I was wearing the brakes down way too fast. I guess I have racing heart ;-) in any case they replaced it for free and the problem is fixed. For people like me who like to brake fast and shit.. will aftermarket rotors and racing brake pads help? how much will that run me?
good to hear that they gave you a free set.

as Deuce415 stated the brakes are wear item and doesnt fall under the bumper to bumper warranty. but if it wears out prematurely or soemthing then the dealer can replace it for free. most of the time the dealers are nice and give you a new set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.