Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this nasty vibration when I step on the Brakes. I TOok my
front wheels off and the hubs have some dents. But, does this have anything to do with the vibration when I break.

·
Registered
813 Posts
warped rotors. if their not that worn, you can get them resurfaced, otherwise you'll need new rotors.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
yea warpped rotors. replace ur pads and ur rotors. you have an option of re surfacing them or buying new ones. if its a used car and you dont knwo if they been resurfaced buy new ones cause you can only resurface them once.

to prevent it:
when you put it on make sure you use 130lbs of torque cause in the long run they will warp due to overtightness

dont wash car when breaks are hot..

dont slam the breaks when you first put in the new rotor and pad.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I'll just replace the rotors and pads. Is it hard to do it myself. I have ABS brakes so I don't know how hard it can be.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
with abs breaks there is no differnce. the process is mainly the same. usually the older cars rotors are being held by a big bolt, and the new ones like civics have just 2 screws. im not sure of ur type though. if you can get that caliper off then you will have no problem getting that rotor off. the rotor may be on tight though, you may have to use an impact gun, and if you are to put it back on use 130lbs of torque. this is to prevent warpping. make sure u also got the right rotor, dont want to have the wrong one. some rotors are more diffucult than others though, have a repair handbook to look at just incase, follow it and you will be fine. if you have a friend that knows how to change rotors it is a good idea to have him on the side as well. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts