Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an accord 94 ex, i want to installed a cam gear and pulley, are there any good brand out there that make these things? my friend told me about AEM and OBX, i need something that can last, not just some BS. also should i get the underdrive pulley since the other pulley only come with the alternator and power steering. can u guyz give me some advices plzzzzzzz....thanks alott....

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hot-sauce said:
thanks for the comment. actually im not looking for like serious racing, i just want to add some horse power. so it is really matter which brand? or as long as it last?
Search around on this site in this forum with the names and stuff that you are looking for such as aem cam gear or underdrive pulley and you will find many reviews from people. Lots of history here says use UR or AEM and stay away from OBX.......long history here also says you wont get some horesepower that is noticeable from these bolt on mods but you will get somewhat of a gain.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
cam gear is a waste of money if you only want some power out of your stock motor. you're better off putting that $120 or whatever towards something else. unless you plan on doing some serious tuning, a cam gear is unneccessary.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
TOP END MS said:
When it comes to your motor .. i'de stay away from garbage brands..

exterior / interior accessories you can get away with.

absolutely... cheapo stuff on the outside just makes it look like a cheapo car, but cheapo stuff in the motor makes expensive repairs

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
hobie237 said:
absolutely... cheapo stuff on the outside just makes it look like a cheapo car, but cheapo stuff in the motor makes expensive repairs
your right .. you can maybe just get away with cheapo interior mods .. just tint the windows black and dont let anyone in your car. :hehe

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
the $350 OBX LSD (basically a copy cat of a $900 Quaife) is show to hold its own. Quite a few cats on H-T are running OBX LSDs with 400-600whp b-series Civics and they are still going strong. Alot of the shit OBX makes sucks like their headers, manifolds, and what not but theres a few selected items that they make identical copy-cats of brand names arent as bad as their brand name is made to be (i.e. LSD, pulley, etc..)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Uh I have OBX power steering and alternator pullies and I felt a good gain. The biggest gain I felt was after I put nitrous on. They're light as hell, and they underdrive the accessories... so why would AEM pullies be any better than the OBX ones? Prettier box? just curious.... :confused

bonestock94 said:
has anyone ever compared an OBX pulley and an AEM. damn they are indenitcal.
exactly my point. ;)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Uh I have OBX power steering and alternator pullies and I felt a good gain. The biggest gain I felt was after I put nitrous on. They're light as hell, and they underdrive the accessories... so why would AEM pullies be any better than the OBX ones? Prettier box? just curious.... :confused
exactly my point. :hehe :number1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.