Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking at the infinity 12.1 sub. I'm reading reviews and seeing people talk about "Breaking in" their sub. I wasn't aware one had to do this (yes I am a noob) but I'm glad I know now. How do I go about breaking in a sub? Just don't play it at high volumes? For how long? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i usually just throw the subs in and crank them. after a couple of days then i do usually start to notice a change in the sound after the suspension starts to loosen up a little bit.

Now, if the sub has a really stiff suspension, then i would probably go through more of a break in process though.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah some subs actually need a breakin period to play its full potential, depends on how stiff the suspension is. My Eclipse didnt really start to pound till like 2 weeks into me cranking it up, after that it sounded amazing.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been hearing about people hooking the sub up to their home stereo in order to break it in. If I do this can I have the sub out of the box to do this? This is probably a stupid question but I'm going to get the box custom fitted in my trunk and I'm not sure it would be easy to take the box out. thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.