Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone out there have experience or heard anything about Brembo blank replacement rotors? Are they good quality? Won't warp after 6 months? Just wondering cause I found them for $30 each front, $23 each rear. Thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kommon_sense said:
brembo makes great rotors. many other companies that offer cross-drilled/slotted/etc. buy their rotors from brembo and then machine them.
Well I hope Powerslot didnt get their rotors from Brembo! My Powerslots are CRAP, from a CRAP company, with a CRAP warranty. Cant wait to get them off (after WASTING $140 on them) and put on some good ones. :mad :mad :bh

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Anyone got any more info on these rotors? Gotta make a decision very soon!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Iceman16v said:
Hey does anyone out there have experience or heard anything about Brembo blank replacement rotors? Are they good quality? Won't warp after 6 months? Just wondering cause I found them for $30 each front, $23 each rear. Thanks!
Where did you find this?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Iceman16v said:
Well I hope Powerslot didnt get their rotors from Brembo! My Powerslots are CRAP, from a CRAP company, with a CRAP warranty. Cant wait to get them off (after WASTING $140 on them) and put on some good ones. :mad :mad :bh
powerslot buys their rotors from wherever they can... my only complaint about brembo blanks is that the first time it rains, they will rust and look terrible... thats why i got the carbotech rotors with the coated hubs. 1yr later and they still look fine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I installed brembo blanks (front) on my teg LS 2/12/05.... hit the road this past wkend 4 hour trip. Its scary how my car literally 'stops' on a dime. I replaced all the brake pads with Hawk HPS ceramic.... (new line, no dust...really) It leaves a lit'l dust...real lite. I can wipe my rims with a dry towel in about 5mins. None of that dark smudge crap you have to scrub off. I'm still in disbelief.

Oh sorry...yes the brembo blanks work great and the hawk hps...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
96silvercx said:
I installed brembo blanks (front) on my teg LS 2/12/05.... hit the road this past wkend 4 hour trip. Its scary how my car literally 'stops' on a dime. I replaced all the brake pads with Hawk HPS ceramic.... (new line, no dust...really) It leaves a lit'l dust...real lite. I can wipe my rims with a dry towel in about 5mins. None of that dark smudge crap you have to scrub off. I'm still in disbelief.

Oh sorry...yes the brembo blanks work great and the hawk hps...
Cools sounds good. How is the rusting? Very bad? Does anyone know of a good coating to spray on the rotor to prevent that nasty rust?

·
Registered
201 Posts
The rusting isn't bad yet....I've got a few spots. I bought the dupli color caliper paint from napa n black only color they had. Going to get the metal color from tirerack though. No need to paint silver black.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been running brembo solids and axxis metal master pads for a few years now, and they have held up extremely well. I also installed braided steel brake lines back in the day. All of it makes for a great braking setup.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
just got my brembos and hawk pads put in over the weekend...
can't really tell if it's a major improvement...
i thought i would get a nice initial bite but it seems like i have to press almost all the way down on the pedal before it REALLY bites...
i filled up to the max with brake fluid...
could there be another way to make it so that it bites a lot earlier?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
did that already...
could there be another reason?
is there a way to adjust the pedal itself maybe?

do your brakes bite right away - almost at the top of the pedal stroke?

mine brake VERY gradually, then almost at the bottom of the stroke, they bite like MAD!

i don't really like this as it doesn't feel very reassuring.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
theflipimage said:
did that already...
Do it again.

could there be another reason?
Were the pads bedded in properly? If they weren't smoking and stinking, then the answer is "No."

is there a way to adjust the pedal itself maybe?

do your brakes bite right away - almost at the top of the pedal stroke?
each pad is different, but what you describe sounds abnormal.

mine brake VERY gradually, then almost at the bottom of the stroke, they bite like MAD!

i don't really like this as it doesn't feel very reassuring.
Sounds like you need to bleed the brakes...

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
we did bed them in... smoking and stinky for sure...

i'll do what you said about bleeding them again...

i'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
yea good rotor. i have had mine over a year and i havent hadf a problem at all. i also have axxis PBR metal master pads and still after a year and a half have like almost all my break pad. awesome set up. i would go wi/ it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have PBR ceramic pads and brembo blanks. I think they are a great rotor for the price. I have not have time yet to bed my new brakes, but already they feel much better than my stock civic rotors.

My roomate bought brembo blanks for his 96M3. He slammed on them 4-5 times from 60mph and now he says they work great, loves them. I got mine because of his recemendation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts