Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My rear lights are a bit dim. I umm.. need brighter bulbs. Something other than the usual GE or Sylvania bulbs carried at the auto parts stores or walmart.

What do you suggest from experience?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
and, the last triple what normal bulbs last, AND THE BEST PART: theres no glow like when you have your turn signal on: *(it lights up, fades off, lights up, fades off.) leds just blink, blink, blink.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
inmycivicex said:
and, the last triple what normal bulbs last, AND THE BEST PART: theres no glow like when you have your turn signal on: *(it lights up, fades off, lights up, fades off.) leds just blink, blink, blink.
So where is a good place to buy them that has a good selection of the different types I may need ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had some LED bulbs in my stock tails a while back and well, they looked good a night they were barely visiable during the day. I switched to (almost hate to admit it) apc Zenon bulbs and they are 10 times brighter than stock and leds. i do wish there was a company that made tails like the ones on caddys that would be cool.

Just my .02

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
yea, their website clearly states that they aren't for getting brighter

www.superbrightleds.com said:
LED bulbs are generally not as bright as standard incandescent bulbs, they have many advantages over filament bulbs (longer life, faster on/off times, lower power consumption, more vivid colors) but brightness is not one of them

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IISaiNtII said:
yea, their website clearly states that they aren't for getting brighter
Oh yeah? Well I guess it's apc Zenon bulbs then?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Oh yeah? Well I guess it's apc Zenon bulbs then?
oook, dont you if you read all of my last post, but this came off their website:

www.superbrightleds.com said:
LED bulbs are generally not as bright as standard incandescent bulbs, they have many advantages over filament bulbs (longer life, faster on/off times, lower power consumption, more vivid colors) but brightness is not one of them

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IISaiNtII said:
oook, dont you if you read all of my last post, but this came off their website:
Say that again..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some of our bulbs are available with 12, 19, 24 or 30 LEDS, obviously the more LEDs the brighter

so if u wanted brighter ones, then just get the bulb with more LEDS... ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
etheR_ said:
Some of our bulbs are available with 12, 19, 24 or 30 LEDS, obviously the more LEDs the brighter

so if u wanted brighter ones, then just get the bulb with more LEDS... ;)
Our?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Paprika said:
yeah, he means 'our' as in civic owners. i think you might have a brightness issue upstairs

edit: apc? go for it they're hella bright and jdm tyt3!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fr3nz33 said:
yeah, he means 'our' as in civic owners. i think you might have a brightness issue upstairs

edit: apc? go for it they're hella bright and jdm tyt3!
uhh.. dude, no need to become offensive. sheesh.

I thought he ment he had something to do with the making of the bulbs, as if he was connected w/ the company because he referred to the bulbs in possessive form. So I restated the Our part to get an explanation for why he said "Our".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts