Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my passenger axle yesturday, and to my discovery, it broke off from the end of the axle (the end that pops into the transmission). Just that end is still stuck in the transmission! So my question is how should i attempt in pulling this end piece out? I was thinking, drilling a hole into the endpiece, then screw in a bolt and tieing a rope to the end of the bolt and yanking it out. But since this is a LSD tranny, I was thinking I could take the driver side axle off and poke a metal stick across, and hammer it from the driverside out.
But I heard, that taking both axle out at the same time could misalign the transimission and could break the transmission. Is that true?

My illustration, broke off where { { is:

___...|----------|____________
|__{ { Boot........_____shaft__
........|----------|

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Fatal_Image said:
But I heard, that taking both axle out at the same time could misalign the transimission and could break the transmission. Is that true?
never heard of that

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
That sucks. Yeah, if it is an lsd tranny, just drain the tranny fluid, remove the drivers side axles and use a broomstick or something to go in from the drivers side to push the passenger side out. Also be sure to use a flashlight to look into the differential and make sure you have an unobstructed path to the broken axle stuck in the diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.