Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I loaned my '99 Accord (4-cyl, MT) to my cousine, and she hit corner of the wall...

I can take care of the bamper myself (this car if for commuting to train station mostly..), but unfortunately she also spit air box in two peices. One peice is still connected to pipe that connects to air filter, another one is on the shelf in my garage...

I was wondering if it is possible to replace just the box? Or do I need to replace everything, including pipe?

Thanks in advance.

And yes, if we talk CPU's, then I am on the same page, but if we talk RPM's..... :bash

·
Registered
39 Posts
um...time to go with a aftermarket short ram intake or cold air. i did my short ram and all i did was unplug the cables, plug some ends, and resetted the ecu...(battery trick) i think u can get the ebay one for like 30 bucks shipped. its easy to install also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same

But I want something that is street legal - I do not want anything that breaks the law...

Can anyone propose me something?

Oh, and I also do not want to pay $50 shipping and handling fee, which is a rip off :bash

·
Registered
19 Posts
zoobrenok said:
But I want something that is street legal - I do not want anything that breaks the law...

Can anyone propose me something?

Oh, and I also do not want to pay $50 shipping and handling fee, which is a rip off :bash

intakes are street legal...depends on the sticker...some aem are..n other intakes as well..uh im kinda lost sorry but do u have a picture fo the damage? possible to just replace the box...or just take off teh box and put the filter at the end of the pipe thats connected to the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
you can just put a K&N cone filter on the end or you can buy and injen or aem short ram intake, they are carb legal with stickers and whatnot on them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
try ebay or the junk yard, im sure you will find the part you are looking for, if not then yeah after market intake isnt a bad investment. gives you better gas milage too. and they are street legal. but just try a junk yard or ebay for the box its self.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah sucks i live in cali, but i got my stock intake to use for the smog tests

1 - 9 of 9 Posts