Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I'll be the first to get things started. So, I was doing my valve adjustment yesterday right. And I heard how easy those damn bolts are to break, so I'm real careful with them. But what happens?!!?! I break one of the damn things off anyways!!! It's the upper right one.

So what the hell do I do now??? Can I drill the broken one out and tap a new one in. Or can I just hondabond the damn thing?

Let's see how long it takes for people to start coming back to the boards.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
valve adjustments need to be done on a cold engine, i always drop my car off the night before so the engine is dead cold when they start work on it in the morning.....otherwise they would have to wait for it to cool down

· Registered
21 Posts
LOL...I like the hondabond thing..sounds like something me and my buddies would do....

You might wanna call a few local shops to see if they have any ideas on it...(not the dealership...of course they are gonna say bring it in so we can fix it..)

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, I hate the shops around here...they rip you off. That's why I do everything myself, but that's also why this crap happens.:D

I think I'm just going to hondabond the damn thing and see if that'll put a good enough seal on it. I'll take it to the shop if it doesn't.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Yeah doing everything yourself is way better, but it can also screw you up sometimes. It is also way cheaper and part of the experience. You will get it.

· Registered
219 Posts
hondatech2149 said:
I am a tech at honda, you don't have t let the motor cool off
to remove the v/c.

Whats up, I work at an Acura dealership as a service writer.

Last week a customer brought in his GS-R in the morning and needed it back that day. we put a fan on top of his valve cover for 1/2 of the day. it worked.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, I saw the what you were talking about hondatech. But I couldn't get the damn thing loose. I didn't try too hard, cause I didn't want to break anything else. So what you're saying is all I need to do is unscrew that bolt and buy a new one from the dealer? Are you absolutely positive??? Cause if I break something in the internals, I'm going to be very pissed off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.