Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, upon removing my engine, i noticed that the driver side lower mount and the lower tranny mount are done. the middle is only connected to the outside by thin pieces of rubber. all the other mounts are being replaced with hasport mounts, so i am wondering how i should go about fixing this. replacements or poly inserts? i want the mounts to last a long time, so im not really worried on prices. is there anywhere (website) where i can get these two inserts?
thanks
quikflip

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
One of the guys on here bought new mounts from Advanced or some place along those lines. Then he got his own polymers and taped off the mount. He made his own polymer mounts.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
acuradriva said:
Or you could just take them out for a weight reduction like 98whiteLS :p
thats a little too hardcore for me, considering i have ac, ps, full windshield fluid, back seats, full dash, ect. :D
that doesnt do any danger though? removing 2 of the 5 mounts would cause about 15 percent more stress on the other mounts.
quikflip

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Did WhiteLS really do that. It seems like a bad idea to me. The other mounts would be under a lot more stress and would tend to wear out faster.

PS- Post number 2000.... :w00t

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
he took out the one that the a/c bracket connects too becuasue he took out the ac bracket. I think he still has the tranny mount. Him and another guy on TI did it and say they notice no difference. I wouldn't recomend it though. I ordered the jdm itr a/c bracket so i can save the weight and keep the motor mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.