Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dang haven't been here for a long time, anyways, i need your help guys~i have a 91 crx ready for upgrade. i have about $5000 to spend. what the hell should i do? i was thinking about getting a b18c... but installing it would be a pain. so i am thinking about getting jdm b16a sir1 instead. will a greddy turbo kit for 99 civic si fit the jdm spec b16a? any other suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
46 Posts
cost of the b18c and install should come out to around 5grand or less, unless you were thinking about doing it yourself. i say do the swap and go from there...you can always turbo later and be even faster.

· Registered
185 Posts
If I were you I would go with a B18B with aftermarket pistons and rods, and a turbo with a lot more boost than the SiR motor you're thinking of boosting.. All for the same price.

B18s are much cheaper than B16s because people don't think they are good because they don't have VTEC.. They are just as good and not as expesive.. Besides, if you're gonna boost anyway....

Get the B18 if you want to make the most power for your money.

· Registered
868 Posts
i would suggest the jdm b16 sir1. It is a complete bolt in to your CRX chassis. You could do it yourself within a week if you have some spare time and all the tools you need. And doing it yourself would save you some more money, allowing you to buy that turbo even sooner. Trust me, you will be happy with a b16 CRX. My friend has one and its incredibly fast. I think you will be happy if you chose that route.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
get the b16

Why do you wanna go turbo? Just get the b16a and go all motor. And if 13s aren't enough just throw on a 50 shot of nos. It will be way cheaper than a turbo. But if you want turbo thats cool too. But if you gonna do turbo go with the b18b, it's just better for boosting.

· Registered
185 Posts
b16a ferio said:
i would suggest the jdm b16 sir1. It is a complete bolt in to your CRX chassis.
HAHA.. No its not! You'll need a mount kit from either Place Racing or HAsport..

Sorry, I didn't read the other posts.. I just made a reply, I didn't know that your car was a CRX. Since this is the case, get a 1st gen B16A. You should be able to get one with everything you need for like $1000 or a little more maybe. Then you'll need a mount kit wich is pretty expensive, then get it in. The beauty of the 1st gen B16 is that its non-OBD so you don't have to deal with that wiring headache, plus it will adapt to mods better. Oh ya, did I mention that they're half the price of an OBD equipped B16A!? :D :D

· Registered
1,170 Posts
if you wanna do a b16 swap, my friend will do a b16 swap for 2000. If you want him to build you a CRVTEC, it'll be around 3,200. MUCH MUCH better than a GSR. If you're interested lemme know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.