Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any 6th geners build there own air intakes? I just helped a friend build one for his Lant, sounds good :) . But I don't know if there are any real anvantages for me. He did it cause no one made one for his car. I need one and was thinkin of a Injen, but now I wonder if this is worth a try.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
For this type of stuff i would search around for Custom CAI or custom intake in tthis forum. There are also projects like this in the DIY forum as a couple guys have done their own CAI before.
If you have the time and patience then go for it, but if you buy an intake you will spend a bit more money and spend less time tryin to perfect something.
I dont personally see any advanntage other then financial; for a daily driven car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
if your big into DIY then i'd say go for it. with a little patience you'll come out with a pretty good result. personally, i want the reliability and don't trust my own fabrication skills, so i bought a AEM CAI. and i love it! :w00t except for the slight whitsling sound at 2200-2300rpm :bh but oh well. at least i know its working. sounds great too.

-jurgen
2000 SE

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When building out of carbonfiber did you use anything else? Like aluminum tubing or anything. I did a search.....none of them were really sixth gen drivers. That I would more technical results......like diameter size test, which one yeilded better power. Which one sucked ass those such things. I wirk with fabrication all day everyday so that's not a problem ;)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I PAID ultra for him to send his old OEM intake back to me, trust me, with the VERY VERY VERY little performance you get out of it, the 1hp or so you might get out of it isn't worth the extra noise, I was in heaven when I put the stock intake back on and it was quiet and I can hear my expensive system. Nice system with loud exhaust/intake just doesn't work. Just throw in a K&N and you're good to go. If you really want to get an aftermarket, don't get a CAI, the short ram's do the same and they're easier to install, and easier to clean the filter. Instead of spending money on pvc or abs piping, just get on ebay and buy a cheapo intake for almost nothing... and if you're worried about heat soak just spray it with rubber coating or heat spray, but it's up to you just my $0.02 ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.