Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to build a car for my lil bro .. i was thinking a 92 civic lx 5speed with a B16A Sir1 swap

car cost 2.5k
160 hp engine cost $ 1.4k
install and labor 1k

u guys thingk i can do it?..

· Registered
2,076 Posts
badcivic2000 said:
There are 2 dr LX. I know personally because one of my friends (guy I have a crush on) has a 2002 LX 2dr 5sp. I don't know if they are in later years, but I know they are out now!
Your correct, but it started in 01. So There are no 5th gen or 6th gen LX 2 drs.

· Registered
10 Posts
personaly i would try to find a car with a blown motor so you can get it cheap

im going to be building a car for kinda cheap here pretty soon
94 accord dx coupe
h22a
skunk2 stage 3 cams and new valves, springs ect.
je lowering compression pistons 9:1 and web rods
port & polish
70mm throttle body
fmax turbo kit
custom exaust
vafc, turbo timer
fuel system upgrades
65+ shot nitros
ect....

now i dunno if im going to go turbo or n/a with higher compression and nitros

the n/a route is cheaper but turbos are more fun

· Registered
679 Posts
remues said:
im going to build a car for my lil bro .. i was thinking a 92 civic lx 5speed with a B16A Sir1 swap

car cost 2.5k
160 hp engine cost $ 1.4k
install and labor 1k

u guys thingk i can do it?..
for a 92-95 EJ hatch your going to want to pick up a SIR 2 or b18b or b18c swap. This is because of the fact the SIR 1 swap is OBD 0 and uses a cable tranny. Using obd 0 in a obd 1 vehicle would be illegal for emissons, and cable tranny would only work with an adapter kit. My suggestion is to start off with a 4th gen ED CRX/CIVIC, the price is very fair and swap is cheap.

· Registered
66 Posts
but you also gotta respect the sleeper effect the 4 door has.
everybodys got a 2 door civic let mutherfuckers think you aint got shit cause you got a 4door and then smack the shit outta them.
gut the shit outta the car , swap and beef the heck outta the motor and youve got a real quick car.

· Registered
108 Posts
i would go 4 door. for the sleeper effect, and plus no one has to get up when u car pool, plus its also better for insurance, plus its not as common as the coupes. I see way more coupes racing than sedans..... then again, theres a reason for that but still, its less common to have a nice, fast sedan. I got a sedan, so im not being a hypocrite either. well, thats my 2 cents.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.