Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
http://www.mwave.com , they have barebone system for like 300. Something like a 2.4ghz with 512ram is 385 or something....or a althon xp 2000 with pc2100 512 DDR ram is around the same. You can get some really sweet ass cases for them as well.

They are totally bare , the best way to go because normally they just cram shit in there anyways that you can pay less and get more for...

Then get a nice 3com dual network card , the one with 2 pins so i think you wont need a router and tada.

FAST as hell server.

-- Get a nice hd and your set. Also if you have lots of left over stuff just use that in the meantime to save your wallet.

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mike_sho said:
http://www.mwave.com , they have barebone system for like 300. Something like a 2.4ghz with 512ram is 385 or something....or a althon xp 2000 with pc2100 512 DDR ram is around the same. You can get some really sweet ass cases for them as well.

They are totally bare , the best way to go because normally they just cram shit in there anyways that you can pay less and get more for...

Then get a nice 3com dual network card , the one with 2 pins so i think you wont need a router and tada.

FAST as hell server.

-- Get a nice hd and your set. Also if you have lots of left over stuff just use that in the meantime to save your wallet.
Cool, ill have to check it out, and start saving money!:)

· Registered
312 Posts
Don't think dedicated server as special hardware, you can just run the server software on a regular computer. I use 2000 server all the time on an optiplex workstation to test out installs. Obviously the faster and more memory the better but not a must. For something like hosting a game you better have the bandwidth to host and it would also help for the users to have high bandwidth as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.