Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got my mind set on boosting my 98 ls. before i do this i want to build my block up so i dont blow anything up.can someone give me suggestions on pistons, rods, ect...sites would help also

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Brad98_teg said:
ive got my mind set on boosting my 98 ls. before i do this i want to build my block up so i dont blow anything up.can someone give me suggestions on pistons, rods, ect...sites would help also

thanks
For the head
Eibach Dual Valve springs
Manley Retainers
Ferrea Valves
Stock LS cams will be fine, but if you want upgrade to Crower 4202 cams for more power.

For the block
CP pistons with either 9.0:1 or 9.5:1 compression
Manley or Pauter Rods
Benson or Golden Eagle Sleeves

Atleast this is what I plan on doing :D

Khoi

·
Registered
10 Posts
built a couple b18a's and a h22a and used either wiseco pistons or srp at 8.5.1 or 8.4.1 cr, used both eagle and crower rods, both excellent, cometic head gasket block gaurd for mild boost and sleeves for high boost (over 16 psi) ferrea valves springs and retainers and get arp studs for the head.

call race engineering at 1-561-533-5500
guys are cool and know their shit, ask for ken or john

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
read my sig. its about to push over 400 but thats after me buying an sc-61
and some 1000 c.c. injectors :number1

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Brad98_teg said:

thanks
You can still blow it up if its built, without proper tuning, your motor won't last. You should ask yourself how much power you want and then go from there, because quite frankly if all your shooting for is 250-300whp (in which a stock block can handle with good tuning) or so, then building the block would be an utter waste IMO.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
sohc driver said:
For the head
Eibach Dual Valve springs
Manley Retainers
Ferrea Valves
Stock LS cams will be fine, but if you want upgrade to Crower 4202 cams for more power.

For the block
CP pistons with either 9.0:1 or 9.5:1 compression
Manley or Pauter Rods
Benson or Golden Eagle Sleeves

Atleast this is what I plan on doing :D

Khoi
def. go with the Crower cams(4202T), and pick up a skunk2 intake manifold and cam gears so that you can keep the torque from dropping off around 5500rpm's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts