Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Yes, definitely. You can do it with turbo, nitrous, s/c, even all-motor non-VTEC.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
What is "p"? It better not be "pipe" for "testpipe"....

And no, I don't think you could get to mid-14's with just that. A lot of lightening, grip, and a great driver and you could get high 14's. Cams and good tuning, nitrous, turbo, s/c, etc. could get you there.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Oh hehe. Pulleys don't really do much at all, better off spending your money elsewhere, almost anywhere really....

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
RedTegra said:
the gearing on an LS is rather long. especially third, I'd suggest getting an Si tranny or a GSR trans
exactly, I have LS/VTEC and thats why my car isn't as quick as it should be, gaddamn long ass 3rd gear, but I can kick my honda buddys asses on the highway hehehe :D but I'm keeping my LS trans for when I go turbo later down the road soon as I get the bottom end fully fully built.

·
Registered
287 Posts
im runing 10degrees of timing and no tunig at all it seems like every time i mod my car now it feels slower i dont know, but all motor i pull mid 15s at 90mph im told with timing and tuning i should run low low 15s high 14s all motor

·
Registered
32 Posts
quickrotary said:
yeah i have a 8lb flywheel for my Rx-7... cant wait to try it out

whats the gearing like a 90-93 integras?
The gearing is loooooooong but i love it. If you build it right you shouldn't have any problems going against VTEC cars. They maybe quick but proper tuning can give them an ass whooping made for a terrorist.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow, this thread isn't very helpfull at all.

The pulleys and throttle body don't do shit. Flywheel doesn't add HP or Torque. But if you want to live by the butt dyno, be my guest.

I think White98LS had the best respose and that was:

White98LS said:
Yes, definitely. You can do it with turbo, nitrous, s/c, even all-motor non-VTEC.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
bottlefedintegr said:
im runing 10degrees of timing and no tunig at all it seems like every time i mod my car now it feels slower i dont know, but all motor i pull mid 15s at 90mph im told with timing and tuning i should run low low 15s high 14s all motor
Ummm, you're probably not getting any faster because you haven't tuned anything.... And by 10 degrees of timing do you mean ignition timing? 10 degrees advanced or total? Cuz 10 degrees total is 6 degree retarded....

·
Registered
314 Posts
get an intake, put on some lightweight 14s or 15s with slicks, gut the car, go on a diet, BAM! 14.5s all day long.

ok thats the unhelpful answer, since i'm assuming you want to have seats in your car and maybe keep your power steering and a/c and radio etc... if all you're looking for is mid 14s you can do the basic bolt-ons, maybe some itr pistons (cheap on ebay), some good soft and sticky tires and lightweight rims don't hurt either. should get you close if you can drive pretty well.

--or--

you could go with a junkyard turbo setup. you can easily do it for $1200, and running 5-6psi on a small turbo from a dsm, volvo, saab, etc. will get you all the power you need without needing to upgrade your fuel system. get an safc and tune it a bit with that. should be all you need to get where you want to be.

i'm no professional engine builder, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but if i had your goals, i'd go with one of these setups.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.