Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting into the import market and will start moding my lude in a few months. I would like to start with the internals of the motor and work my way out. My thoughts are starting with a cam, porting & polishing the head, giving it a new valve train, intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust and maybe later a supercharger if the make them for the 98' lude's. I have not gotten seriouse yet due to being told I can't tune the lude since I have a A/T trans. I am not opposed to changing the ECU and putting in a manual if the info what I told is the truth. If not, someone please enliten me. Also, any one that can give me info on specs and how I can determine how big of a cam I can go with along with valve size and how to determine the prot and polishing specs so I can make shure I get the most out of my H22.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
you'll need more than one cam considering it's dohc. and i wouldn't waste my money with any of that other stuff until you do a manual conversion. honda a/t are slush boxes.

· Registered
1,341 Posts
you'll need more than one cam considering it's dohc. and i wouldn't waste my money with any of that other stuff until you do a manual conversion. honda a/t are slush boxes.
the A/T tranny is pretty weak, and is prone to going out even after a couple hundred thousand miles on a stock motor. the first thing i would do is get a manual conversion.

actually scratch that... sell the car and get a manual prelude... you'd be saving more time and pain from just doing that. custom m/T means cutting and u dont want to be doing that as much as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.