Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my brother has just bought a 1995 Honda Civic. I have no clue about Import cars and what to do to make them fast and neither does he. But he has bout 5-6 grand to spend on mods. No rims are needed cause it came with nice rims. So what performance modifications are the best and will give the most power. Thanks to everyone in advance. Also if you can give me some websites that would sell these parts taht would be great

· Registered
641 Posts
Yo

I say drop a Gsr motor into the car. stage 3 clutch. slam the ryde. greddy exhaust and sum header from greddy. but if you want more power. drop a greddy turbo in it. but thats jus my 2 cents:D

· Registered
952 Posts
rwcouck said:
Civic Coupe EX i think, but im not real sure
Most people will tell you to do an engine swap but that is really limited if ALL he has is 5 grand... he's lucky he ended up with the ex because the D16z6 in there is a pretty good starting point (125hp, 109tq) and the car only weighs like 2300 lbs(correct me if im wrong, i only know what the hatchback weighs, so im guessing). with 5 grand, instead of doing an engine swap and having to be done with it, you might as well just get a good ole turbo and you'll be seeing much better times than with any engine swap... you should probably work on the suspension and even though you say you have good rims, you should probably get lightweight ones with good tires unless they are already on there. That's just the basics, you should really get more knowledge before you do ANYthing to a car.

· Registered
641 Posts
Yeah

IDreamIn_TypeR said:
Most people will tell you to do an engine swap but that is really limited if ALL he has is 5 grand... he's lucky he ended up with the ex because the D16z6 in there is a pretty good starting point (125hp, 109tq) and the car only weighs like 2300 lbs(correct me if im wrong, i only know what the hatchback weighs, so im guessing). with 5 grand, instead of doing an engine swap and having to be done with it, you might as well just get a good ole turbo and you'll be seeing much better times than with any engine swap... you should probably work on the suspension and even though you say you have good rims, you should probably get lightweight ones with good tires unless they are already on there. That's just the basics, you should really get more knowledge before you do ANYthing to a car.
Yeah Im dreamin is right. You really should find out what kind of model Civic it is before you start asking questions on the car. But since to me it doesnt matter, Ill give u sum ideas.

Ok, you want the best sounding exhaust. If u want it loud, get a tanabe. But If I was you I would get a Greddy exhaust w/ Greddy 4-2-1 headers. Then get a set of J.E. Pistons and Eagle rods. ACT Stage 3 clutch. A nice Injen cold air intake with sum AEM tru time cam gears. Im leaving sum shyt out, but Im sure sumone will correct what I left out.

· Registered
271 Posts
teg ls engine....1500
drag turbo kit with fmic.....3000
anice used set of shocks and lowering springs,already put together so you can just drop it in.......500

thats what i would do, then save up or steal money for a nice 2.5 or even 3 inch exhaust and your gonna be real happy

· Registered
4 Posts
bangnazzintegra...why do you keep telling him to i/h/e, a stage 3 clutch, and pistons and rods.

1)i/h/e is nice for a beginner, but you're gonna end up dropping headers and exhaust once you go turbo, if you decide to go turbo.

2)you're never gonna need a stage 3 clutch unless you plan on making high amounts of power.

3)you're not gonna need pistons and rods unless you plan on going high boost, which i doubt you'll be doing any time soon.

4)if i were you, find out what kind of car he has (if it's the ex, it weighs about 2500lbs). what kind of plans he has for the car (go or show). and if he does want to go "go", find out how quick he wants the car to be.

5)after you've figured those things out, before buying anything, read around this board and others to find out what these parts will do for the car, which part is best, how much you should expect to pay, etc.

6)just read around the board and ask questions whenever you have them. you gotta learn before you mod

· Registered
300 Posts
i believe in the first post he said he wanted to know what performance mods he should get with his car.. so i'm guessing he duzn't care about show

also the question must be asked if he wants to go fast right now or if he wants the potential to go very fast..

example: turboing his car right now would make him fast right now but that 1.5L duzn't have much potential, i'm sure

example: swap in an LS or B16 and then save up for turbo/SC.. he'll most likely have to wait and save up more money after the swap but it'll be more worth it in the end.. cuz that car will be Quick

· Registered
641 Posts
well

lostnalone said:
bangnazzintegra...why do you keep telling him to i/h/e, a stage 3 clutch, and pistons and rods.

1)i/h/e is nice for a beginner, but you're gonna end up dropping headers and exhaust once you go turbo, if you decide to go turbo.

2)you're never gonna need a stage 3 clutch unless you plan on making high amounts of power.

3)you're not gonna need pistons and rods unless you plan on going high boost, which i doubt you'll be doing any time soon.

4)if i were you, find out what kind of car he has (if it's the ex, it weighs about 2500lbs). what kind of plans he has for the car (go or show). and if he does want to go "go", find out how quick he wants the car to be.

5)after you've figured those things out, before buying anything, read around this board and others to find out what these parts will do for the car, which part is best, how much you should expect to pay, etc.

6)just read around the board and ask questions whenever you have them. you gotta learn before you mod
I thought he didnt want turbo for the car. so I jus figured he wanted other choices. I feel you about later down the road, but hey it was jus my 2 cents. Sorry bro:rolleyes:

· Registered
145 Posts
If you want a supercharger, go for a short ram intake. I heard Jackson racing supercharger is the way to go, but i think it only goes for hatches. That's what I was told, so maybe you should get a second opinion on it, i'm only a novice in the field of cars anyway.

· Registered
952 Posts
pinoydon2003 said:
i believe in the first post he said he wanted to know what performance mods he should get with his car.. so i'm guessing he duzn't care about show

also the question must be asked if he wants to go fast right now or if he wants the potential to go very fast..

example: turboing his car right now would make him fast right now but that 1.5L duzn't have much potential, i'm sure

example: swap in an LS or B16 and then save up for turbo/SC.. he'll most likely have to wait and save up more money after the swap but it'll be more worth it in the end.. cuz that car will be Quick
the 5th gen si's and ex's are a lot faster than your civic... there is potential, and he only has 5 grand to spend... waste most of that on an engine swap and you are very limited...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.