Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 7456 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Fuck that. I like CF because its pretty. :D I dont care about the minimal weight savings. But Im considering a CF hatch too. Happy?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Fuck that. I like CF because its pretty. :D I dont care about the minimal weight savings. But Im considering a CF hatch too. Happy?
not really. i was saying get the hatch keep the stock hood so you have some sort of traction and call it day. pretty my ass :p but you are right it would be real pertty

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Performance isnt my only goal. I want a well rounded car that can have fun on the track while still being practical to drive every day. Hense the reason I have a stereo system, full interior, and AC. Im not sacraficing any luxuries to have the performance I want, and the looks I want- CF hood included.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Performance isnt my only goal. I want a well rounded car that can have fun on the track while still being practical to drive every day. Hense the reason I have a stereo system, full interior, and AC. Im not sacraficing any luxuries to have the performance I want, and the looks I want- CF hood included.
so you blew 4500 on your motor to have a stereo system in your car? j/p i can't wait to see your baby. when do you get home? i'll be back tomorrow

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
That's my goal too. I took out A/C because it's Seattle and it stays at a bearable 85 for most of the summer, but other than that, it's exactly what I have.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
your weak point is that you are fwd. wouldn't you want weight on yoru front wheels and less in the back? like a C/F trunk or something
Handling, my friend... handling. And less weight is pretty much always good. It's not like having a heavier hood will help you.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
White98LS said:
Handling, my friend... handling. And less weight is pretty much always good. It's not like having a heavier hood will help you.
i just figured yeah less weigh is always good unless it upsets any kinda of balance your car already has. so that's why i was asking.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
i just figured yeah less weigh is always good unless it upsets any kinda of balance your car already has. so that's why i was asking.
There's no definitive rule, but 60/40 is a generally agreed-upon ideal for FWD cars handling/dynamics-wise, and at 63+%/36.x% our cars is far from that. I've gotten mine down to 61.5/38.5 and as a result, it hangs in there in the corners a lot better and is better balanced, not so nose-heavy. Of course, if you're just going to the dragstrip then you want as much of a given overall weight focused on the front end as possible.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Brad98_teg said:
I'm full interior with a huge box with two 8" subs and an amp. Who needs weight reduction if you've got the power? :rolleyes
werdsauce. considering you probably make a 100 more lbs of tq to the wheels than most of the tegs in this thread

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
i have my car all gutted out from the back but its not cuz i care wether it weighs less or not i personally think it looks good but the main reason is i just dont like giving people rides hahaha
exactly, i hate giving rides, but the "im on empty" trick isnt workin so good anymore

time to strip my car

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
yeah another reason why i did it, is cuz im planning on getting the EM racing setup in the back

I never liked that setup. If you're going to make that whole rear area a lot less useful and spend that much, why not just get a cage? It'll make a more significant difference both in stiffness and safety.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
White98LS said:
I never liked that setup. If you're going to make that whole rear area a lot less useful and spend that much, why not just get a cage? It'll make a more significant difference both in stiffness and safety.
shit yea

and cages look way more jdm :ninja :cone

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
how come nobody told me about this thread. wtf

·
Registered
4,931 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
well guys i finnaly wired up my head lights and found the bracket for my coolant reservoir and i figured out how to mount the rearview mirror. i just put insurance on the car today so monday it will be registered and i will be able to drive the car finnally.

im paying $700 for 6 months full coverage under my fathers name, how bout you guys what are you guys paying for insurance??

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
well guys i finnaly wired up my head lights and found the bracket for my coolant reservoir and i figured out how to mount the rearview mirror. i just put insurance on the car today so monday it will be registered and i will be able to drive the car finnally.

im paying $700 for 6 months full coverage under my fathers name, how bout you guys what are you guys paying for insurance??
i pay 200 a month for an 04 EP3

41 - 60 of 7456 Posts