Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is required to ensure that the engine and drivetrain don't fail if i was to install a JR supercharger. pistons, crank, rods, maybe clutch, ect. might be a good place to start? and how bout trying to over do it a bit so boost could be raised to 8-10psi+. any suggestions besides doing a swap. appreciate the feedback:)

·
Registered
941 Posts
dcustumz said:
what is required to ensure that the engine and drivetrain don't fail if i was to install a JR supercharger. pistons, crank, rods, maybe clutch, ect. might be a good place to start? and how bout trying to over do it a bit so boost could be raised to 8-10psi+. any suggestions besides doing a swap. appreciate the feedback:)
haha when i saw that bulletproofing I thought you were going to go on a drug run with a honda civic... :laff:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i'd say apr head bolts and a block guard should be plenty enough to do 8-10 psi
the kit's made to bolt onto a stock block and run at 6psi and really with the right fuel and ingnition
upgrades i'd say 8-10 could be done pretty safely with out ever touching in block, when
you said bullet proof i thought you were wanting to run like 16psi+ or something real serious like that...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
u should be fine with what trentdx said, but in some cases ive heard that upgrading the rods isnt a bad idea. ive seen posts in the turbo forum suggesting eagle rods but maybe thats just for even more boost.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips=)
- anyone know off hand if i did the mini-me swap with a y8 head would another s/c be nessecary or more benifical?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts