Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything about these for the F22? what does it all consist of and how much would it cost?

· Registered
87 Posts
There is a core charge so you would have to send in your old head. I think they cost about 3 grand or so. Check ARDperformance.com for more accurate information.

· Registered
153 Posts
to the wheels or to the crank?

· Registered
1,923 Posts
no inidcation of wheel or crank was made when i talked to them...
i didnt even get as much info as the other guy who posted did...they basically sent me a long assed list of the various head packages and said you can get as much as 38 hp...but never what package it was for, or if it was crank or wheel hp

· Registered
28 Posts
Bullfrog Head Package

I ordered the head package, at $1900 w/a $500 core charge. They didn't have a head in stock, so they said they got one from a parts yard. Well, ends up, they sent me the wrong head. I didn't find this out until it was already bolted to my block, and went to put my header on, and it didn't line up. I used every thing else and had my head ported and polished at a local shop. I wish I had sent mine to them and had them do the work, if they would do what they said. They claimed that they bumped the compression up to 11:1.

· Registered
404 Posts
Re: Bullfrog Head Package

boredF22 said:
I ordered the head package, at $1900 w/a $500 core charge. They didn't have a head in stock, so they said they got one from a parts yard. Well, ends up, they sent me the wrong head. I didn't find this out until it was already bolted to my block, and went to put my header on, and it didn't line up. I used every thing else and had my head ported and polished at a local shop. I wish I had sent mine to them and had them do the work, if they would do what they said. They claimed that they bumped the compression up to 11:1.
Whoa...11 compression. That is pretty crazy. Post up some dynos or ET's when you get everything in and working.

· Registered
350 Posts
v4lu3s said:
no inidcation of wheel or crank was made when i talked to them...
i didnt even get as much info as the other guy who posted did...they basically sent me a long assed list of the various head packages and said you can get as much as 38 hp...but never what package it was for, or if it was crank or wheel hp
One question for you my friend with the 5th gen accord said the 6th accord is not all that great on the dyno true or false and man if they are all that great i think im gonna do a little investment and shave off a lil on the head hmm...

· Registered
1,923 Posts
i dunno...i know that shaving the head has been around forever though...i personally dont think the shaivng the head is a good idea cause it just moves the pistons and valves that much closer together...and as far as 5th or 6th gen...i havent paid too much attention to em, since i dont like the thought of working on an obd2 engine...

· Registered
234 Posts
i think its 35hp at the wheels. im getting the rest of my gude head package hopefully next month if i get the time. Gude claims 50hp increase but doesnt say if at the crank or at the wheels, most guys ive talked to get around 40hp with dyno tuning.

· Registered
232 Posts
Anyone have this in the car and running? Can you really feel the difference like in the seat. Do you get big 1-2 shift tire churp or what. Is the torque up aswell. Do you get a new cam. I would love to get bigger power with N/A for my accord.

· Banned
51 Posts
There was a guy from the ol H-A.net days....Kentucky Accord and with 11.1 compression Pistons and rods and the GUDE headpackage and with NOS he was running mid to high 14's on his good ol F22 on street tires. He has since sold his car but it was pretty damn quick.
Anybody else remember him?

· Registered
35 Posts
I remember Kentucky Accord... didn't he wreck the accord tho? if i remember right, he did and he parted out w/the motor.

why not take the $$$ for the head job and put it towards an h22a. you'd have stock reliability and a lot more HP for (relatively) the same amount of loot. you're gonna end up putting that much more into your car buying a set of I/H/E anyway... might as well put it all to one big cause. but i can understand being diff and moding the F series motor instead.

gug

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.