Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have my suspension and i notice the shop didn't reuse the bumpstop. it's the orange/flesh thingy right? i have those 4 orange things in my koni box. is this good? and for koni users, how much turn did you adjust your koni shocks?

· Registered
485 Posts
do you mean that your stock bump stops are off the car? that's okay, as long as they were replaced with aftermarket bumpstops. also, sometimes instead of replacing them, you can jus cut them in half...so if there are jus half pieces of bump stops leftover, then it was done alright. on my installation i only needed to cut the front bump stops (although i have the tokico ilumina kit)...

· Registered
12,727 Posts
you should have bumpstops on the car.....but they should be cut...use 1/3 of the origional bumpstop.....thats what I did and your supposed to do.

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
del_parker said:
btw, mine konis are at 1 1/2 turns. ie, i turn it full firm, then back off 1/2 turn. that's the setting that my car quit bouncing on.
Holy thats way too stiff. I try going all the way soft and turn it 1 full turn to stiff in the front and the rear do a little more than 3/4 of a turn.

Then keep stiffening it up from there , too stiff a ride is going to cause problems and make it harsh as well as it wont grab the road as well....(unless you always drive on perfectly smooth streets)

-- Also go easy on the shocks , once you feel it stop dont push it....you want to adjust these nice and slow , dont abruptly start turning...

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
k i tested my adjustments on my konis and i say the ride is great! btw, is it ok to drive the car without a bumpstop for a couple of days?mostly freeway driving. coz i'm gonna send the car to the shop on friday to use my stock bumpstop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.