Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used Roxio 7.0? A friend of mine said that there is an option where you are able to burn an uncrypted movie on a DVD+R disc that will play on a DVD-R player only.

Lets say that he has ONLY DVD+R disc and he wants to make me a copy of a movie but the dvd player that I have is a Toshiba which ONLY SUPPORTS the -(minus) format of it. He said that if he used Roxio he is able to burn that movie with his DVD+R disc and convert it into DVD-R or something like that and allow it to play on my Toshiba dvd player.

For those Roxio user, can any of you confirm this? I really doubt that he will be able to do this because -/+ are 2 different format.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
That doesn't sound right because the disc is dvd+ format that's what the dvd player is......it can't just turn it into a dvd-.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
All it does is fool the player into thinking the -R is a +R, not change format. Does your Toshiba actually fail to play +R, or is it just not "supported"? I cant help with Roxio; I try to stay away from it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
your burner has to support booktype. from that pic, your friend has a nec burner that supports this option. changing dvd+r to dvd-rom for better compatibility.

you can check with www.videohelp.com and find the specs of your dvd writer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts