Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was racing an older ford pick up.......when i shifted from 2nd to third...it wouldnt go in and with some grinding and forcing it slipped into first and then i released the clutch......first thing that happened was my tires just squealed and it felt like i slammed on my brakes....then i looked at my tach it was past 8000rpm.....now my car isnt making any funny noises but is there anything i should get checked out or replaced?

·
Registered
513 Posts
WOW..... I dunno what to say....BUt if you go the VTEC SOHC I'd say jst make sure it doesnt happen again....I mean I've had mine up to around 7, 300PRM on purpose on the freeway in 4th gear. But No i didnt downshift like it sounds like you did.

like around 8,000RPM is the actual "redline" on my f22b1..just limited to 6,500RPM in 1st and 2nd.....but somehow i managed to get mine to 7,300 in 4th gear doing about 130mph on the freeway.

So if i were you.....Just don't let it happen again...and mayeb you should get your valves adjusted....this is an easy task to do . I'm gettin gthis done pretty soon....so ill let you know the specs.

·
Registered
513 Posts
2point6 said:
ooooooppppsssss!!!!!!!!

Yo I think I know your car if yours was featured in the mag...Let me guess...white and bluish???? DAMN SWEET...I WAS IN LOVE!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
black92accord said:
I remember that too... h22a swap with projected output of 220hp. Had JDM amber corners.

YEah..thats the one. God I used to look at the pics 5-6 times a day in my office

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are probably thinking of something else.....my car is stock underneeth the hood and all it has done to the exterior is a full extreme body kit, lowered with white 5Zigen rims. 5Zigen exhaust, and painted pearl white (97 Prelude white). and thats all thats done to the car basically. other than little things.

·
Registered
568 Posts
YOU OVER REB YOUR MOTOR! Learn how to backhand SHIFT!If you are lucky your valve are still stright! If not you are going to have major motor problem very soon! street Raceing underpresser will cost %70% of miss shift!
The thing is that I dont see how the hell you could get it in 1st gear when you're going over 10mph? On my car you cant put it in first unless you are going under 10mph! It a safty thing all manual tranny have! Unless you FORCE IT IN! Ouch!:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.