Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove around and i noticed a squealing coming from the right side near my wheel and i ruled out a break pad squealing since it doesn't always squeal. Could it be my cv boot that's leaking and squealing? or what else could it be? it only happens every once in a while.

· Registered
960 Posts
Check your CV joint boot for a rip or tear. If it's ripped than any dirt and grime can get in and easily wear them out.

My friend has a 94 and he noticed ticking sounds when he would turn. Turned out he needed new joints.

· Registered
868 Posts
Oh man, i had that problem with my old motor and axles. that repair definately wasn't cheap at the Honda dealer...if you wanna pay out the ass then go there. If not, you could just buy an entirely new axle and just have your closest shop put it on for you. Might be cheaper to do that route.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know someone that said he could do it, I coulda sworn he said he could get me a new axle for $70.... looks like i'll be giving him a call soon and have him fix it when he puts on my shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.