Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess he should know. I remember when he went for the cash grab with Jaguar. :eek:

'Button should have left Honda when he could'

Thursday May 18 2006

Jenson Button made a big mistake when he opted to stay with Honda instead of swapping to a different team - or so says Eddie Irvine.

Button had the opportunity to swap teams at the end of last year when he bought himself out of his Williams contract. However, instead of trying to find a team other than Williams or Honda he chose to remain with the latter.

And according to Irvine, that's a waste of the rumoured £15m Button paid Williams to break his contract.

"Jenson was either badly advised or made a mistake," the Ulsterman told The Sun.

He added: "His driving is up there now, but he's tied to a team that can't seem to do it.

"Formula One success is about being in the right car at the right time."

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05 was an unexpectedly bad season. I don't think there was anybody on SHO who predicted how many hurdles Honda (BAR) was going to have to overcome last season. From the fuel tank drama, gearbox probs., selling of the team, the JB/Williams contract controversy, etc.

04 to 05 was one step forward, one and a half steps back IMHO. :cry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.