1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
382 Posts
wow, thats kind of sad. And to think that car was to compete w/ the euro cars. M3, C55, S4, etc.

·
Registered
446 Posts
interesting...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Looks to me he simply has one of those piece of shit lemons that escape the factories and make it out to the dealerships...

Hell, I remember when I worked for Nissan and they had to ship back all of their 2.5 altima's because the engines were junk. Also, Honda has had issues with their automatic transmissions for the Odyssey and Pilots. Every manufacturer does something badly every year or now, and there will always be a lemon here and there. I worked with someone who has a CTS-V and he never had any problems with it. But then again I haven't spoken to him in about a year so who knows what could have happened.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH said:
wow, thats kind of sad. And to think that car was to compete w/ the euro cars. M3, C55, S4, etc.
if you ever get the chance to drive one of those that is running right then you will see how they can, they handle great, and run low 13's. by handle great I mean they pull a .91 on the skid pad

granted cadillac has so much electronic shit on there cars that can be a nightmare. The cats, throttle body, and a few other things he said were replaced were probably all do to the same problem, just intermittent problems can lead techs to guess at whats wrong and try to fix it, as for the rear end, I could believe that he broke one, they are not the strongest things in the world

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
hotsauce_gm said:
Sucks for that dude, but I would take a 2006 caddy cts-v in a heartbeat over my accord...
fuck yeah, those things are a blast to drive, I had one up to a buck 20

my gf's dad is talking about buying one for his wife, I'll be telling her to try to barrow the car a lot lol

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
ATISTANG said:
fuck yeah, those things are a blast to drive, I had one up to a buck 20

my gf's dad is talking about buying one for his wife, I'll be telling her to try to barrow the car a lot lol
driving girlfriends daddy's car = FTW

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Well I have a 99 M6 vette and I have 0 problems out of it. It at this point has 72,000 miles on it and gets around 35mpg on the interstate for me.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Reminds me a trackday where a brand new z06 shutoff and wouldn't restart after about 5 laps. I hate it when companies will not back their products, that car needs a whole new drivetrain. Parts are not designed to vibrate that much that's why his diff broke.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i had an 81 lincoln town car with all original everything, burned a bit of oil (but so does my 2nd honda engine) but other than that, ran like a top. had 150k on it. my 98 civic is on it's 2nd engine, that burns oil, and only has 160k on it. motor was replaced at 140k.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts