Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE

This is a compilation of communication that I have had with Mach1car.

Questionable business practices and TERRIBLE customer service.

On march 16th I ordered a Pacesetter header for my 87 CRX 1.5
They indicated shipping would take approximately 5-10 business days. On the order form I gave them my cell# and asked for a call to discuss options.

On friday I received a 0-5V AEM MAP sensor kit. What's this?
On the bottom of the receipt it stated that they made an attempt to call and it was not a working number (BS), I check the number and it was correct. I'm 54 with 5 kids (18-24) and they all can reach me 24/7 and do so regularly.

The following is a record of our email commucation that has followed.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 7:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: I don't understand

I ordered a Pacesetter Header for a 1987 CRX Si 1.5L and I received a
AEM 0-5V Pressure sensor.

What is up with that?

My phone number IS--- 816-******** and if you called and it didn't work,
you did NOT dial the correct number, as stated on your invoice that the
number was not working. BS!!!!!

I'm 54, 5 kids (24-1 plus wife and 7 cell phones and you folks are the
only people who can not contact me? BS

Now where's my header? And yes I am perturb. Not a good experience as
of yet in dealing with you.

Note the phone number on their packing slip has been disconnected with no reference for a new number. I did try to call it[B/]
--------------------------
There response:

Donald,
We will be calling you later this afternoon.
Mach 1 Sales Staff

Mach 1 Car Accessories
10621 Jubilee Dr
Chardon, OH 44024
(440) 285-8623
[email protected]
http://www.mach1car.com

-------------------------------

After waiting all day to hear from them, nada!!!!

My response to them.

----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:39 PM
To: Mach 1 Customer Service
Subject: Re: I don't understand

So much for meeting a commitment. 6:35 PM still waiting for a call, or
even an email.

Good customer service? In my business, I wouldn't last very long if I
did this.

Enough said by me.

Donald Joslin

When you see an email from me in caps....take note I will be HOT!!!!

You have been for warned.
-----------------------------------

And now, there response again,

Donald,
Threats aren't the best way to resolve a problem. In fact they don't help
anything at all. I have put a note on your account not allowing any phone
communication so all correspondence will be held through email. If you want
an email answered I would recommend not threatening or being belligerent. We
are sorry our warehouse sent you the wrong part and will send you a FedEx
call tag to retrieve the package. The return process will come in an
envelope through the regular postal mail. Once you have received it follow
the directions and send the item back using the call tag. Once it has been
received we will ship out the correct header via FedEx Express. The return
information will be processed today with the utmost importance. If you have
any questions we will be happy to answer them,
Mach 1 Sales Staff

Mach 1 Car Accessories
10621 Jubilee Dr
Chardon, OH 44024
(440) 285-8623
[email protected]
http://www.mach1car.com

-----------------------------------------------------

This morning I fired off a email back to them:

Excuse me, I did not threaten you, I simply made a observation commenting on your staff sending me an email saying, "they would call this afternoon." I did NOT received a call, nor email explaining why. So I asked you "Good customer service?" Is that your perception of the situation and/or do you really care? I have been a business owner for 30 plus years here in the Kansas City area, "***************" to be precise. And if one of my staff corresponded with a client stating they will be calling, they had better follow through. What YOU fail to realize is at risk is my reputation in my business, and my personal business style and ethics is what is at stake, you are no different unless you do not care. Your point is what? Someone screwed up, and all you do is condone my remarks about your handling of the situation. This is after a request was made to discuss shipping options on the original order form in providing my phone contact number so I may be contacted. Lame excuses folks are no subsistute for ignorance. The reason I asked for help in shipping options, I am against the wall with time.

You putting a note on my account not allowing ANY phone communicating is another example of improper business practices that you surely can't be serious about customer service. No phone call, I don't believe that is the path you should take here.

I need these headers in my hands by Friday, March 24, 2006. If you cannot provide this service within this time frame, let me know, I will be glad to order them from another, hopefully more responsive, business elsewhere. As far as the incorrect item being picked up, you had better hope MY schedule will allow me the time to resolve your error in this matter maybe in a untimely and unresponsive manor as you have shown.

So, if I understand your position it is, I made the mistake of asking someone to call me to discuss shipping options, I made the mistake of shipping the wrong part, I made the mistake of getting an attitude because of the failure of the business to provide suitable solutions, and I made the mistake of telling it like it is? I questioned the BS answer about their attempt to contact me originally, I questioned why someone would send an email stating they would call and don't, and I get an attitude for nothing happening in a timely manor?

Sorry , I must be out of my mind, I am the one who should be regretful about the mistakes I made in handling of the order.

It does appear that someone does not like to be called onto the carpet, for being incompetent, and insulting the intelligence of the client is not always the best practice in hoping to provide quality, timely and effective customer service.

But apparently , we will have to agree to disagree.

Finally, My phone is still avaible, ***-***-**** day or night.

I will NEVER deal with these idiots again. No business, for you younger guys, should be managed in this manor, if you intend to be in business for a while.

Donnie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NO....they apparently refuse to respond.

They are incompentent. The mailing address on their invoice is incorrect, their phone number listed on the packing list is no longer working and the phone number they list on thier website has a recording that says the best method for communicating with them is email. Oh and if you leave a message on their recorder, they do tell you it may be two or three days before someone will get back to you, maybe. Customer service and internal disorder on order processing tells me this is NOT the place to do business with in the future. Although I am an idiot, I feel like one for picking this outfit to do business with.

Donnie

(sorry for the rant)

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
D Jaws II said:
NO....they apparently refuse to respond.

They are incompentent. The mailing address on their invoice is incorrect, their phone number listed on the packing list is no longer working and the phone number they list on thier website has a recording that says the best method for communicating with them is email. Oh and if you leave a message on their recorder, they do tell you it may be two or three days before someone will get back to you, maybe. Customer service and internal disorder on order processing tells me this is NOT the place to do business with in the future. Although I am an idiot, I feel like one for picking this outfit to do business with.

Donnie

(sorry for the rant)
happens to the best of us, thanks for the warning

whereabouts in KC are you? i'm a northlander

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
how did you make a payment to them?

if it was paypal or credit card you can dispute the transaction

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IISaiNtII said:
happens to the best of us, thanks for the warning

whereabouts in KC are you? i'm a northlander
Southeast KC

I race weekly at I-70 Speedway. Most fun you can legally have..................

WITH YOUR CLOTHES ON!!!!!!

Donnie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:

After my morning email to Mach1car, I thought I would give them time to chew on my response and the "benefit of doubt" one last time.

I really thought that they or management would get wind of this situation and they would "see the light".

Upon arrival home, I first check my inbox. Nada, zipola, zilch, nothin.

They left me no course of action except to cancel the order, and in the same tone and breath, told them that any future communication will need to be with my CC company and any and all packages received from this time forward will be refused and /or ignored. ( haven't decided yet which will follow which)

BTW, Just talked to Summit where I ordered the same product with amazing results. Those folks are knowledgeable and willing to share their experience and knowledge with their customers. Novel concept, euh?

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions, they are all much appreciated.

Donnie

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
hondapride59 said:
i wouldnt even send back their package and get ur money back
while that's a comforting thought, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

this company will get theirs by word of mouth bad-vertisement, and eventually succumb to failure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IISaiNtII said:
while that's a comforting thought, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

this company will get theirs by word of mouth bad-vertisement, and eventually succumb to failure.
You are absolutely correct on both statements!!!

Here was their final response to my cancellation notice from last night.

Mr. Joslin,
We will gladly cancel your order and refund your payment as soon as the
return we set up today has been received. You are obviously upset and we're
sorry but there is process to returns. We can't issue a refund until we have
received the accidental part in return. We had it set up to get the correct
header out to you via Express shipping but I can change the account to a
refund instead. Let me know how you want to mark your account and we will
take care of this as quickly as possible.
Mach 1 Sales Staff

Mach 1 Car Accessories
10621 Jubilee Dr
Chardon, OH 44024
(440) 285-8623
[email protected]
www.mach1car.com

Who cares about returns? I don't since they made the mistake and have been jerks about everything. They were preparing to ship the item via Express shipping? The only EXPRESS they know of is PHONY, err, I mean PONY.

They are history in my selection of honorable, accurate, reliable vendors. There are toooo many other companies who share MY views on what is excellent customer service as opposed to Mach1car.....they do NOT have a clue. There should be a remake of an old movie named after them, "CLUELESS"

Thanks to all,

Donnie

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i just hope your refund is quicker than their shipping :lol2

i hate these experiences. when things like this happen to me, i too go elsewhere where customer service is held in higher regard.

i wonder if there's a thread on here about what online businesses to avoid :confused

reminds me of when i went to go buy a new tv - best buy associates didn't even look at my wife or me when we were looking at tv's, helping older people as they walked up.. while younger people tend to browse more and not buy, this doesn't mean that's why we were there. I asked one of the associates for help, when he finally got around to helping us (AFTER helping another couple while we waited... again), i took up about 60-70 minutes of his time selecting the right tv. when we had decided on a model i politely said "Thanks for the help, had you helped us instead of acting like we were scum of the earth, we would have bought a tv here. hope you don't work on commission, dick."

i don't shop a best buy anymore.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Summit/Jegs/NOPI/InlineFour - all decent places to deal with . . . .

(J.C. Whitney is o-priced on s/h, btw)-their Ingalls "Stiffy" was
nearly $180 shipped - paid $143 shipped off E-Bay

these guys . . . . :noo :byye :noo

D.J., your car looks like a blast to drive . . . .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zookr said:
D.J., your car looks like a blast to drive . . . .
You don't know the half of it.

I race on a 1/2 mile, 30* high banked asphalt track, for torphies. Yep a trophy class. Our class is basically a bunch of folks going out on a saturday night and racing for the braggin rights of the week. It is a class of stock FWD 4 cyl. with mostly stock componets, with a quality and safe rollcage with nascar style door bars. We have weekly from 18-20 to a high last year of 38 one night. We regularly have 3-4 wide racing for 12-15 laps. That is 3-4 wide all the way around the track dice here and there, scoot low, jump high, bump em in the straights so they remember who's behind em and having fun. You work at it though, setup and tweeking here and there to get more speed from them, but well worth the effort. Find and old Honda (2 dr) about 300-600 bucks, gut the interior, remove all glass and plastic, put in a rollcage, racing seat, 5-6 point harness, safety equipment, and slap on a couple of numbers and go have fun.

Try it sometime, it's hard work, but as I said earlier a blast. My sig really says it best.

Donnie

·
Registered
116 Posts
Your car looks as though it has NO hatch or glass/lexan back there @ all!
Is that the case? Hope to put a roll cage into my '90 later in the year by my brother-in-law's hand (professional welder) and have the 5 point harness for the drivers seat already - looking for a street/track seat to put on the drivers side w/the slots for the harness. Thinking of Sparco or MOMO either one.
What suspension upgrades have you done 'sides the cage? jimfab.com or Suspension Techniques anti-sway bar, struts of what make? My suspension was first major overhaul . . . . hope to auto-x mine as well as a few 1/4 mile runs later on. Too freakin' cool there, man -

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Zookr,

Here's the hatch section

It is a stock class designed to keep it affordable. Started the year with some Tokico whites, they had a nice feel. Only changes made have been a teg RR spring, camber in the both rears, DIY camber plates in front (caused by a sudden impact with parked car at the start/frinish line, don't ask) and a few other little odds 'n ends. Fab'd a new panhard bar mount fror circle track, reversed the mounting points between chasis and axle. Better in tension vs. compression.

Every track will have their own rules and govenoring bodies, look at what is expected and go build one. I tried dirt....once. After the first lap I had been hit on every corner of the car. Decided I didn't want too much of that and therefore, I stick with asphalt.

This years car will be much better, and safer. I'll get pics up within the next couple of weeks. Have got 7 days to finish her before the first race, and I haven't even thought about paint yet.

Donnie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a note to update everyone to avoid Mach 1 sales.

Waited 10 days to receive their return authorzation tag to put on the package to return. They recieved the item that was not what I ordered on 4/ 24. As of yesterday I had not heard one peep from them, nor had a refund been given.

BTW, don't even think about calling the listed number on their email, they don't answer and don't return ANY calls at all.

This entire process with them makes this the worst company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with in my 54 years .

What a bunch a nut cakes. Everything takes forever to get done, I am beginning to believe it is deliberate in an attempt to wear one down and stiff everyone.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE IDIOTS, IT WILL BE YOUR WORST EXPERIENCE AND A NIGHTMARE.

Latest email communication:

From D Jaws II:

This situation is getting out of hand. You received the return package on
4/24/06 and today is 5/10/06. Again and as usual you folks drop the ball
when it comes to anything and everything resembling customer service. I
have patiently waited for the refund from this transaction and expect it
to be in my bank no later than this afternoon. My counsel has been
contacted and is aware of this horrible lack of service to the customer,
with literally no contact from the vendor with whom I am dealing.
Keystone Automotive is the absolute worst internet vendor I have had the
displeasure to deal with.

Sixteen days is ample time to process this return and credit my bank
account. Do so immediately.

Donald L Joslin

Still at 816 *** ****

Mr. Joslin,
No paperwork has been received but that doesn't mean much of anything. We
will look into this and get you an answer shortly. Once we get the ok we
will credit your account back the same day. You will be notified once we
credit your account but the general process takes 3-5 business days for the
credit to show in your account. Just wanted you to know that and we will get
you answers as soon as we hear something. Thanks for your continued
patience,
Mach 1 Sales Staff

Mach 1 Car Accessories
10621 Jubilee Dr
Chardon, OH 44024
[email protected]
www.mach1car.com

Mach 1 Customer Service wrote:

>Mr. Joslin,
>We will gladly cancel your order and refund your payment as soon as the
>return we set up today has been received. You are obviously upset and we're
>sorry but there is process to returns. We can't issue a refund until we have
>received the accidental part in return. We had it set up to get the correct
>header out to you via Express shipping but I can change the account to a
>refund instead. Let me know how you want to mark your account and we will
>take care of this as quickly as possible.
>Mach 1 Sales Staff
>
>Mach 1 Car Accessories
>10621 Jubilee Dr
>Chardon, OH 44024
>(440) 285-8623
>[email protected]
>www.mach1car.com
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Don Joslin [mailto:****************
>Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 7:32 PM
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Cancel this order immediately!!!!
>
>Sales: Mach1car,
>
>You are being placed on notice that my last and final order is to be
>canceled immediately. Your attitude is without merit and your customer
>service, rather, the lack thereof is very much in question.
>Any package sent, will be refused and/or ignored.
>
>No further communication is necessary. My credit card company will be
>handling this issue from this date forward.
>
>
>Donald L Joslin
>
>Order # 11**
>
>

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
jeez. that's ridiculous to take this long.

i would go ahead and call the cc company and dispute the charges.

also, i would post this up on other boards as well if you haven't already. don't let those bastards get any more business, especially if this is how they handle thiers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts