Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am a big fan of the integra and am finally going to buy one.

It's a 97 GS with 175000 miles. I have seen other acuras go way further, so i figure this ok for the price.

I would like to eventually make it vtec, if possible. I do not know much about these cars yet, but am looking forward to learning.

If anyone would like to just let me know if it's a bad idea for this car to have so many miles, or any good thoughts, let me know please.

thanks

· Registered
1,426 Posts
well 175,000 miles isnt bad if the car has been taken care of. dont mess with vtec, the motor in it will do just fine. how much is the car?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2300 negotiable i'm going to see if i can get it down some. nice leather interior, new radiator, brakes, timing belt replaced a few years back.

Issues are
driver window is stuck
bumper is a little messy as is front left fender.

Not so much worried about the little issues, just the engine/tranny.

She claims to love the car and have taken great care, never missed oil changes, tuneups, etc.

I am excited to see it

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Try and get the motor compression tested before you buy it. Having a thorough vehicle history is great, but a compression test will definitely show you true colors.

· Registered
16 Posts
Listen to Capntoll he is the one who is teaching me all about these tegs and right now helping me with B20/vtec all motor so don't worrie about vtec for now and get the car first.

Like they said over get all the tests done to see if its really worth it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My supra is my baby, and I have a hyundai accent for my d/d.

Thus why I am looking for a tegra as my new d/d.

Checked it out.

damn i kinda fell in love. Couldn't compression test.

Seemed to be great, just makes a strange noise when driving. Not to sure about the noise, she said it's happened since she got the car.

Not sure what I am going to do, I am definitely very interested though.

my supra is a mk3 1987 turbo still in building process.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have found a 95 LS with 65000 miles on the engine.

It's auto and drove really well.

I do not like the fact that it is modded, seems to be header back exhaust, short ram air, and coilovers. The car looked great cuz of the drop, sounded EXTREMELY loud, and was really responsive. The body looks mint, interior is really good condition with RSX seats, tint all around, and a tacky dragon decal (screaming remove me). ODO reads 65k as well, so I found that rlly weird. I really liked the car...

I do not know if I want something this loud, but this deal seems pretty good. $3000

p.s.
It is about 3x louder than my supra.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
It's probably fine for a daily driver, but if you want to mod it at all, look for a manual trans car.

Obviously the car has been beat on, but if maintained well, Hondas can take it. But I would probably hold out for a non-modded one, especially since I wouldn't want to be stuck with an auto.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I liked the auto for now since I am not good at manual. I can swap in a tranny in the summer time, when I am ready to really learn to drive it good.

I am not looking to mod it at all! Thats what my supra is for, this I want to just drive, but the guy has no paperwork of the swap, and I am told in my area, they pop your hood when you get pulled over to make sure it's not a stolen engine.

Theres a nice high mileage integra down the block for sale. I might go check it out. It sucks because everyone of these awesome cars are either a swap or high mileage.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Well as long as there is good maintenance documentation, and a compression test yields good results, high mileage isn't a huge deal with these cars. If the engine bay looks like crap, with the block all rusty, and the valve cover crapped up, you can probably assume it's been treated like crap.

So good maintenance history + good compression test results should give you a pretty decent daily driver.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK cool sounds good. Thanks!

I actually just found for about $3600, a 99 with 106k ls original miles! I am willing to pay that, not modded aside from the Short ram air. this seems pretty good. Man it's so hard to choose one.

At least I definitely know I will have my teg soon.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i will post pics as soon as i make a purchase. this one is just a stock silver 99 gs, so im sure u can picture it, whichever i buy ill post pics and start to be involved in the forum to learn as much as i can.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK I made my purchase!

It just arrived and it's dark so pics are pointless tomorrow im going to take tons cuz I AM IN LOVE with this car.

This feeling is close to that of when i got my supra, but better cuz its my D/D!!!!

I chose the 95 LS SE. It cost me 3350, is pretty modded, but runs great.

Dunno what else to say, but it's amazing. Smells a little rich and has the "Maintainence required" light on, but I am sure I can solve both those issues.

All I need are an ash tray, a Coolant resoirvoire, and maybe a new center console lid. I am so excited. I just literally sat in it for an hour! This car is awesome!

· Registered
4,633 Posts
There should be a button beneath your dash around where your knees would go. That should reset your Maintenance light. It comes on when the vehicle "thinks" you need an oil change based on whatever maintenance interval the factory assumed would be correct. It means nothing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.