Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Accord is starting to see the light, and I need a new car within about a month. I already read the FAQ about the Integra, and know that the GSR is well worth the money. However, I wish to spend about $5500 to $6500 out of my money on this car, and I can borrow a grand or two from my parents to pay back over summer if I need to (I'm a college freshman, so that's still okay). I know I can get an LS in my price range, but how much can I expect to pay for a GSR with less than 80,000 miles? All I know about Integras came from frantic research these past two days, since my transmission started failing and any input is greatly appreciated. What do I want to look for when buying one?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Id look for a nice, well maintained 96 gsr for that price.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
My Accord is starting to see the light, and I need a new car within about a month. I already read the FAQ about the Integra, and know that the GSR is well worth the money. However, I wish to spend about $5500 to $6500 out of my money on this car, and I can borrow a grand or two from my parents to pay back over summer if I need to (I'm a college freshman, so that's still okay). I know I can get an LS in my price range, but how much can I expect to pay for a GSR with less than 80,000 miles? All I know about Integras came from frantic research these past two days, since my transmission started failing and any input is greatly appreciated. What do I want to look for when buying one?
you can find 94-96 gs-r's within that price range, as far as what to look for i'd say good oil change record, not a lot of mods, and little body damage

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blah. It was slim pickins on autotrader.com. I really hope its possible to get a GSR with less than 80,000 miles for less than $7500.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There was a clean black 97 integra gsr w/ 87k on the motor for sale down the street from me. It just sold for $7800!!! I bought my 94 gsr with 112k back in 98 for $8,000. Even though the car had high miles, the original owner kept every reciept of maintenance, aftermarket parts, smog records, etc! Do a carfax on whatever car you become interested in, check for rust, ask for records/reciepts, check the motor our, listen for unusual noises, buy from an older person or a female if possible. Good luck on your hunt though! It really depends on the area you live in and the cost of living!

·
Registered
238 Posts
i got my 00gsr for 12g with 80000 miles, go to autotrader or something you might find a 93 gsr $3500-$5000, only if your lucky though. Just keep looking

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
yea eith integra's you gotta be patient, the one for you will pop up sooner or later

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm going to fix the tranny on my Accord and sell it in good condition, since it might take a while before I find an Integra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts