Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had an issue where they bought a product off ebay and something went wrong w/ it and needed to be sent back? I want to know how the manufacturers treat your warranties if you purchase their product off ebay. I was thinking about purchasing an indash mobile dvd/cd player off ebay but i just dont wanna get screwed if something goes wrong with it. Most of the major sellers garuntee full manufacturers warranty though. Is this really true?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
837 Posts
ebay gets a thumbs up from me, just be careful and ask the seller questions and you should be able to tell if hes legit.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
just look at their feedback, anything passed 500 is good for me

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya gotta becarefull about warranty stuff.. some manufacturers won't honor the warranty if you bought from a non-authorized dealer.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I bought a laserdisc player from ebay, but it didn't work when I got it. From the condition of the box, UPS had dropped/scuffed/banged it around. UPS insurance paid for it no problem. :)

I also bought my Onkyo receiver from ebay (my biggest single electronics purchase ever). You just register the product, and on the registration card, put the seller's company name; that way, the company *never* knows you got it from ebay, but rather that you bought it from a seller's company (which is the truth). :) If they claim "they aren't an authorized reseller" then, you can say "how was I supposed to know that?" I'm sure they'd honor the warranty; Onkyo did for me when I had a little configuration problem.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yah ebay all the way for me.. Ive never had a problem with electronics. The only time I did was because I didnt like it myself and I sent it in for store credit towards another item. His ebay ID is scala1 or ikesound.com. Hes a awesome and generous guy to deal with.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
It's good, but you just gotta be careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts