Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas you guys sold me.. i said screw the jrsc and im going greddy turbo!!! i have seen a few on groupbuycenter going for 2,3$$ with the intercooler... not bad huh???? any you guys from NY know a place that has it any cheaper? how about any sitres on the net????

what else should i get with it.. i have about 4,000 to spend... thats also for labor too. i know i am gonna get a clutchmasters or act stage III clutch.. what else should i get... i wanna run the turbo at stock psi!!! just to avoid problems.

i am thinking about maybe a body kit??? wings west type w????
wings west commando wing??? what do you guys think??? the wing on the wings west hot wheels civic si(super street).

well any and all suggestions will be accepted. rims???? yay or nay???

i kinda like the stock rims?? plus living in NY i dont have to worry about cracki8ng/bending a rim like i did with my old si!

peace
Eddie

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx everyone

do any of those guys have a website or an email address you guys can give me???

im in afghanistan and i cant call to get some info...

thanx again

· Registered
344 Posts
Did u say $2,3XX for the turbo plus the intercooler????? Is that come with the larger intercooler or the smaller? If that comes with the larger intercooler, that is ridiculously cheap. I need to hear more bout this a.s.a.p.!

· Registered
344 Posts
I knew there was no way your price was correct. That groupbuy of 25% off brings the price of the kit to $2,362 WITHOUT THE INTERCOOLER! The Intercooler is another $746, for a grand total of $3,108 which is still pretty good, but far from what you were thinking. If you have 4G's to spend, and thats it, you are not gonna make it. The whole kit plus the intercooler and install and a clutch alone will run slightly over 4G's. Then you need the guages as well and a turbo timer and a Blow Off Valve. No way it can be all purchased and installed for any less than $4,800 (probably more like $5,200).

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
check this out

i did see one on groupbuy WITH the intercooler for 23,xx... the small one of course. now i also had a chance to buy one on clubsi through another groupbuy with the small intercooler for 2,300... and it was COD too... you couldnt go wrong with that. i would've bought it but im in Afghanistan so i cant really do that right now can i.

right now i have $3,xxx in my banc account and by the time i get out of here i will have 5,500. i am not gonna blow all that dough on my car... i am going on vacation with my girlfriend when i get back so i have to set aside a little of it.

HEY JEFF: whats up bro. i see that your going turbo..

listen i have a shop i go to in queens that was giving me an awesome deal on a drag gen III installed for $3xxx.. if you want it i can give you their number and tell them i told you to go there... they are really great and they come heavily recommended through my Team. they installed my skunk2 cam gears and cut my valve cover.. they sold me the skunks for $140 for the pair and installed them right there on the spot. let me know kid. i would jump on that but i hear greddy makes a more reliable unit.

i also seen a greddy kit with small IC on ebay for 2,800 closing bid wiht no reserve..

good luck kid
peace
eddie

· Registered
344 Posts
I would never get the Greddy kit with the smaller intercooler! The $200 difference isn't a big deal, for more performance, and you'll need it once the boost is raised and it will look better. i want to go with Greddy because of the relibaility factor. How is Afganistan treating ya? U gonna lace Bin Laden soon or what??

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
word kid!!!

afghanistan is allright bro.. well i still dont know about which intercooler to get... like i said before i only have so much money to spend the minute i get back.. but then later on i can get these things...

yo jeff: should i not get the small intercooler at first and just run with out an intercooler for a month or two till i can afford the BIG ONE?? like i said i have roughly 4,000 to spend..

and as for installing it myself... i dont know about that!!! id rather pay to do it and get it done right the first time instead of messing up my daily driver!!!

peac out

· Registered
48 Posts
arent you lucky that there is someone on the boards who is tapped into the throbbing pulse of the LI import performance scene:D

RPM NYC (queens village)
www.rpmnyc.com

paisley automotive (hempstead, and yes....THE craig paisley)
www.paisleyautomotive.com

(they're doing my turbo install:D)

ultima performance (lynbrook)
www.ultimaperformance.com

........all of those shops are VERY good, and VERY reputable. i would trust anyone of them with my car. ultima has done alot of work on my car and have . i know tommy/jack from RPM nyc through work (we do alot of business with them), and paisley is our supplier for most of our HKS/greddy/turbo shit. all 3 of those shops are VERY dedicated to customer satisfaction. i would reccommend all three at your conviniencem they all do phenomenal work.

· Registered
362 Posts
listen UP!! do it yourself!!! you'll learn a lot. then save up money and buy pistons and rods and all that good stuff and get someone to put it in. they will have to take everything apart and everything back together. espically you turbo kit. waaaalaaaa!! perfect install !!

· Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, do the damn thing in your garage. Hey Tim, I FINALLY installed my turbo timer (after 4 damn months), did you set the music to your liking or just leave it? I fuggin' turned that annoying shit off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.