Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to purchase a set of springs for 96' integra, what i want is a 2.5 inch drop in the front and 2.25 drop in the back with a nice, smooth ride. im on a budget of spending under $175. I have considered the Eibach Pro kit, Gold Line, and H&R. i plan on getting my shocks later on, i have to take things piece by piece working a part time job that pays $7/hr. but do u guys have any recomendations on what to buy? thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
u might wanna go with the H&R race springs for those kind of lowering but i know they are a lot stiffer than the sport springs. not a great ride but tolerable ride is what u might get.
match it up with some nice adjustable shocks ( like AGX or Konis (yellows, ask anyone in this board and they'll tell you that konis are really great. ). it all depends on what u gonna do with the car.
if you're gonna go street and not much track time, the AGX should work for you but if you're a track whore i would recommend the konis.
i have GC's with AGX adjustables and i think its a great set up for street and some track use.
also try to get the combo at once. instead of having to do work twice for the shocks and springs separate.
good luck dude. ;)

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
You wont get anywhere near that drop with the prokit. I would definatly go with the h&r sports, or h&r race springs.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i dont think you can achieve what you want with the springs you selected. the prokits dont lower that much, the h&r race lowere more than 2.5 in the front. i belive its 2.75. i consider the goldlines shitty. and the race springs wont give you a nice smooth ride. it will be stiff with some good shocks and it will bouncy like a mofo with stock shocks. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I have H&R race springs with KYB agx adjustable shocks...I like them a lot....and they lowered it nicely.

very smooth ride and stiff enough for good handling.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
David Caalim said:
im about to purchase a set of springs for 96' integra, what i want is a 2.5 inch drop in the front and 2.25 drop in the back with a nice, smooth ride. im on a budget of spending under $175. I have considered the Eibach Pro kit, Gold Line, and H&R. i plan on getting my shocks later on, i have to take things piece by piece working a part time job that pays $7/hr. but do u guys have any recomendations on what to buy? thanks
If you lower that much, you will most likely blow your stock shocks. Save your money until you can do it all at once. Also, take a look at the eibach sport-lines. You can usually find them for like $169. The pro-kits are good, but not nearly the amount of drop that you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
get springs

i have coilovers now and they suck , there too harsh on the struts so im changing to springs. Anyone know what spring is good with a 17 inch tire, i want the tire to right at the well all around.

·
Registered
604 Posts
David Caalim said:
im about to purchase a set of springs for 96' integra, what i want is a 2.5 inch drop in the front and 2.25 drop in the back with a nice, smooth ride
If you're going this low, don't expect a smooth ride since the springs have to be stiffer to prevent your suspension from bottoming out.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Re: get springs

Beachboyy said:
i have coilovers now and they suck , there too harsh on the struts so im changing to springs. Anyone know what spring is good with a 17 inch tire, i want the tire to right at the well all around.
what kind of coilovers are you on?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
dlim1 said:
i suggest you get the eibach sportline, and remember, you get what you pay for
would you need a camber kit with the sportlines?

·
Registered
323 Posts
the drop for the sportlines is like close to 2 im assuming, i have a 2 inch drop on my crx and there was camber wear (down to the steel tread) in 6 months, so i would suggest one, or just rotate your tires alot

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey I could use some advise... does a Pro kit on a 98 Civic need a camber kit. Runnig stock shocks is OK too, right? I seem to get mixed answers depanding on who I ask.:confused:

PUPASCOOPA... YOUR NAME IS UNORIGINAL AND LAME!!!:D jk.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
supapoopa said:
Hey I could use some advise... does a Pro kit on a 98 Civic need a camber kit. Runnig stock shocks is OK too, right? I seem to get mixed answers depanding on who I ask.:confused:

PUPASCOOPA... YOUR NAME IS UNORIGINAL AND LAME!!!:D jk.
I would go with H&R sport springs...no don't need a camber kit...and it depends on how new your stock shocks are??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts