Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Wheel Horse Power that intake is gonna give me!!

I also have a Ported and Polished Integra Type R intake Manifold!

·
Registered
197 Posts
aem spends a lot of money, and a lot of time designing an intake specific to each car to maximize and idealize the gains from each intake

just because the intake is bigger, doesn't mean its better, but the correct application for your car would be my advice

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
CAI's mostly serve to maintain HP rather than gaining. unless you ceramic coat it more.. then the air inside the tube will virtually be the same temp as your underhood temp. getting a CAI and having it ceramic coated will help you maintain your HP rather than losing it because of high underhood temps. feel free to flame.....

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
The intake itself will not give you any extra HP, unless its paired up with more agressive cams, larger TB, ect....If you plan to do all that, then go for it. My buddy has Toda cams, and a toda header, and he also has the ITR intake.

Heres a pic.

·
Registered
440 Posts
v00tecsi said:
The intake itself will not give you any extra HP, unless its paired up with more agressive cams, larger TB, ect....If you plan to do all that, then go for it. My buddy has Toda cams, and a toda header, and he also has the ITR intake.

Heres a pic.

are u talking about using a 3inch AEM on his car or any intake itself will not give any extra hp? ...just clarifying

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Aaron_909 said:
are u talking about using a 3inch AEM on his car or any intake itself will not give any extra hp? ...just clarifying
I meant that he will not get any more results using any 3'' opposed to any 2.5'' on his car unless he upgrades other aspects to support the bigger size.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 3" polished injen race division for a type R that i would like to sell. if your interested let me know.

·
Registered
678 Posts
hey v00tecsi

you said in another post that ur buddy has to do maintenance on his cams, like what does he have to do extra to them and did he like the power gains, and how much did his mpg suffer, if you could find thoose out for me i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
flyracerx said:
CAI's mostly serve to maintain HP rather than gaining. unless you ceramic coat it more.. then the air inside the tube will virtually be the same temp as your underhood temp. getting a CAI and having it ceramic coated will help you maintain your HP rather than losing it because of high underhood temps. feel free to flame.....

the air moving though the tube goes so fast that it doestn have time to heat up to the engine bay temp, its the temp from where it is sucked at down by the wheel, thats what i thought.

·
Registered
440 Posts
FbpSi said:
the air moving though the tube goes so fast that it doestn have time to heat up to the engine bay temp, its the temp from where it is sucked at down by the wheel, thats what i thought.
thats what i thought i highly doubt any cooler air commin from down below has the chance to heat up wen ur in vtec at 6-8k rpms

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree. If the CAI didn't allow cooler air into your intake manifold, they would be a waste of money and no one would buy them. You might as well just put on a short ram.
Speaking as someone who just recently installed one on his Si, I can tell you that you will definitely feel a difference.
Now I can chirp the tires in second every time, whereas I couldn't do it every time before.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts