Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I own a 97 DX D16Y7, and when my RPMs are around 3k rpm i get this buzzing from the transmission, which sounds like the shift stick rattleing in the tunnel. Initially, the shifter boot with the plastic piece was cracked, which resulted in a considerable buzz, but has since been removed, so that is ruled out.

My only thoughts that come to mind are either the pivot ball that sits just inside the rubber boot in the transmission tunnel is impropperly lubricated or I have bad transmission mounts.

My shifter bushings were just replaced so that I figure is not a factor unless they were crappily installed.

IDK I just basically was wondering what you all thought of this problem and any insights would be great.

Peace :byye

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea if I put a firm grasp on the shifter the rattle goes away, I just can't understand how to solve this dilemma, I was thinking white lithium grease (the paste not spray) perhaps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.