Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name is Phil... just got a 98 LS last wednesday.... A tear still comes to my eye when I see the hatch sittin on the side of the house! Blown motor.
But, I'm luvin the teg....

BTW... how the fugg do u take off the damn speaker covers in the back!?!? And any ideas on the antenna plug? I feel like I scraped half my hand off trying to get it n2 my radio w no luck, its so damn short. I guess when I have some daylite, I'll take off the glovebox and see if I can reach up in there. (U can tell my priorities)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Taking the rear speakers off is easy, take a screwdriver and pry it off will pop right out. antenna on the other hand don't know. Good luck with the teg!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the short term..... Gettin that bamma dropped to the ground, and swappin an ITR bar on the rear. Also some clear park lights. Hopefully by the summer I'll have some $$$ saved up to start guttin the engine. For now I'm lookin for a wing and tintin the windows over the wkend. If someone can tell me how to post a pic, I'll show everyone what she looks like sittin on my konigs w my blue lug nuts.... too bad they'r low profile, ugly azz gap I can't stand it. I just need 2 slow my butt down.....I get up to 100 before I realize I'm goin that fast.

The guy I bought from, needed brakes/rotors/wheel bearings/ and a new distributor. If I wouldn't have needed all that I would been into the engine already. Gonna keep it stock no vtec *sigh*. I'll just wait another year 1/2 or two and buy a GSR.

brembo blanks + hawk hps ceramics are a great combo. The ceramics were new line of hawk hps, I bought from tirerack last wkend....and look ma... no brake dust. really!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Welcome to world of Integra's. As for pics, I just put then on my MSN page then post the link here. It works ok, I guess....
Or you can host the pics on SuperHonda's page and post the pic here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OIC...host them here and then post.... cool. I hate that link sh*t. When I get home this wkend I'll take some w. my sisters dig camera. Camera phones are useles...
One other thing, how do get the acura sign offa the car? I noticed the one on the truck looked glued? I wanna switch mine out for the "H" or the red acura symbol..... Okay, one 'more' thing..... any suggestions on short shifter knobs or is it just personal pref. as far as looks? I was going to swap mine for the type R knob...that stock is too high when I really need to get my 'shift' on.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
96silvercx said:
OIC...host them here and then post.... cool. I hate that link sh*t. When I get home this wkend I'll take some w. my sisters dig camera. Camera phones are useles...
One other thing, how do get the acura sign offa the car? I noticed the one on the truck looked glued? I wanna switch mine out for the "H" or the red acura symbol..... Okay, one 'more' thing..... any suggestions on short shifter knobs or is it just personal pref. as far as looks? I was going to swap mine for the type R knob...that stock is too high when I really need to get my 'shift' on.
Get a short shifter kit. As for knobs, just personal preference. I like the Spoon titamium unit, but $150 is steep. I think I may get a DC Sports one or maybe a Momo knob.....
I tried to take the Acura lettering off the back of my car and it appears they have a hole there. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
96silvercx said:
a b&m shorty will satisfy your shifting needs. i have it coupled with a satin silver razo knob.. well it doesn't look like a knob really.. i can't describe it... wish i had pictures, but i love the combo. the shifting's a little harsher than stock, but it adds to feel and the throws are short.

·
Registered
28 Posts
congrats on the teg...im lookin at taking off my "dohc vtec" emblem. would i just use floss on this too? and how would i get the excess glue off?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
96silvercx said:
I just need 2 slow my butt down.....I get up to 100 before I realize I'm goin that fast.
your hatch musta been slow then.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Prelude94' said:
your hatch musta been slow then.
I didn't run my baby like that!!! But the civic maxxed out at about 105-110.
The cabin noise was a little irkish past 85-90.... Umm did I say that I "didn't" drive my car like that..... made a liar outta me. :)

And I mean from 0 to 5th gear when I 'really' take off in the teg the redline is a lot higher so by the time I look at the dash to go 5th... I'm at like 100... Where the civic was around 80 maybe 90 if I wanted an oil change the next day.
I did air it out in carolina over the wkend once, I was afraid to go any faster than 120 even with the radar.

In DC its not enough room for you really to get up that fast, so it was only once or twice...and I was like 'wow'. Although the old ladys accord can drop 140 w/o breakin a sweat! 03 EX Coupe. :number1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts