Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why do they always compare the MR with the STi? i wonder how the STi would do with the regular EVO.

btw~ thanks divine for fixing and reopening this thread~

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
culmination said:
why do they always compare the MR with the STi? i wonder how the STi would do with the regular EVO.

btw~ thanks divine for fixing and reopening this thread~
i think they tested what is best from both companies. the MR and the STi.
i agree though that the STi is more suited to go against the regular Evo.

the performance would be closer if you take the Evo vs Sti. with that said, i wouldnt be surprised if the Evo still won. i think everyone pretty much knows that the Evo makes about or more whp than the Sti.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
divinewisdom said:

the performance would be closer if you take the Evo vs Sti. with that said, i wouldnt be surprised if the Evo still won. i think everyone pretty much knows that the Evo makes about or more whp than the Sti.

YOU STI HATER!!!!! I HATE YOU!!! hahahahaha~~

simply put... EVO is more "raw" and STi is more civil~ in MY book, the STi is better than the EVO in many ways~ the very reason why i chose the STi over the EVO. besides i don't think there is a real CLEAR cut winner in performance in either of these cars.

however i do have respects for the EVOs as well~

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
culmination said:
YOU STI HATER!!!!! I HATE YOU!!! hahahahaha~~

simply put... EVO is more "raw" and STi is more civil~ in MY book, the STi is better than the EVO in many ways~ the very reason why i chose the STi over the EVO. besides i don't think there is a real CLEAR cut winner in performance in either of these cars.

however i do have respects for the EVOs as well~
haha.
i agree that the Evo is just plain raw.
fast and Raw. haha

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more thing.. i don't recall titling this thread, "evo wins again." hahaha you changed it huh?! because from what i read it seems that they favor the STi more~ again.. no clear cut winner

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
culmination said:
one more thing.. i don't recall titling this thread, "evo wins again." hahaha you changed it huh?! because from what i read it seems that they favor the STi more~ again.. no clear cut winner
hahaha. you have amnesia.
look on page 4, the winner is the Evo.

though theres no clear cut winner, how many times have any magazine picked the STi over the Evo?

your right i am biased. haha
both cars are good fast cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
IMO, you get more car with the STi. And if you take that price difference(~$2200) and put it towards JDM Pinks and sway bars, I don't think the MR would be the winner anymore in these comparisons. On top of that, you would still have ~$1200 left over for a simple up-pipe/catback mod and still be street legal.
I personally wouldn't turn down either car, but I do like the slightly more refined STi.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
divinewisdom said:

Car and Driver compared the normal Evo and the STi before, it said so in the article and hence "Evo wins again!" Even though the normal Evo was slower, C&D still liked it better because it handled better and felt more direct. Which is why I was surprised to see them put the MR against the STi since the STi is mostly unchanged.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I only see minor difference in the performance. If the Sti would lose by a large margin then i can see what the fuzz is about. Who care if my STi is .00001 second slower. Both these cars are giving v8s alot problams . Im just happy to know that my car is up to the task .

On a side note if there weren't too many fuzz idiots out there like the ones that put down the esx sti . I bet subaru would get with other performance companys and come out with some quality tuned Sti.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think there both pretty damn even. Cause all the stats going to vary from driver to driver. Plus I would say that its a fair match to put the STI against the MR. The WRX should be match with the Regular EVO and the STI agianst the MR. So what if the base WRX is alot less. The STI and the MR are the top verisons of their model and should be battled out that way. Just thoughts.

Matt

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
J.O.A.T said:
I think there both pretty damn even. Cause all the stats going to vary from driver to driver. Plus I would say that its a fair match to put the STI against the MR. The WRX should be match with the Regular EVO and the STI agianst the MR. So what if the base WRX is alot less. The STI and the MR are the top verisons of their model and should be battled out that way. Just thoughts.

Matt
The base WRX and the EVV being a match? Ok that HAS to be a joke. They are not even comparable in my book. I have driven both, an Evo once for a fairly comprehensive hard drive and a WRX many times... the Evo is so much better to drive and a whole hell of a lot faster and grippier. I mean Car and Driver chose the Evo over the STi, and so did Road and Track. You really think the WRX has a chance? And as far as price difference... it's only $4k between them, and once you blow the WRX's weak-ass tranny it's about $1k between. :p

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
J.O.A.T said:

Matt
well that what i always thought. If u compare WRX with mitsu with non turbo.. what comparison?? so what is the next best thing? of course the turbocharged evo aka normal evo8. then when u upgrade a normal evo what do u get of course the answer is MR. same like WRX... normal one just not as fast as the STi version.

Mitsu EVO MR in asia is not as well equiped as the one in US. the BBS rims IS optional and the carbon roof diffuser thingy also one of the option in asia. but they have more option, like the small carbonfiber side rear view mirror i saw some guy post the EVO MR catalog from japan. and check some asian website and they said most of the stuff that std in US MR are optional in asian MR

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
White98LS said:
The base WRX and the EVV being a match? Ok that HAS to be a joke. They are not even comparable in my book. I have driven both, an Evo once for a fairly comprehensive hard drive and a WRX many times... the Evo is so much better to drive and a whole hell of a lot faster and grippier. I mean Car and Driver chose the Evo over the STi, and so did Road and Track. You really think the WRX has a chance? And as far as price difference... it's only $4k between them, and once you blow the WRX's weak-ass tranny it's about $1k between. :p
well every car has its weakness.. EVO clutch and STI tranny.. hm.. which is more expensive...

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dodolaje said:
well every car has its weakness.. EVO clutch and STI tranny.. hm.. which is more expensive...

umm the STi tranny is strong as hell~

very different from the wrx

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
boostaholic said:
umm the STi tranny is strong as hell~

very different from the wrx
True.

STi tranny is FAR stronger than the WRX tranny.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I thought it went like this:

Lancer is competition for the 2.5RS

Lancer Ralliart is competion for WRX

EVO, EVO RS and EVO MR are all competition for the STi.

But price wise:

Lancer ralliart is competition for 2.5RS

EVO RS is competiton for WRX

EVO, EVO MR is competition for STi

Whatever....... :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Peteex said:
I thought it went like this:

Lancer Ralliart is competion for WRX
sorry i have to defend my younger brother here but wouldnt the wrx rape the lancer ralliart??

forgive my ignorance but how fast is the ralliart anyways? i thought its competition are civic ex and stuff not wrx~

sorry i don't know any specs on the ralliart~

1 - 20 of 32 Posts