Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say sorry for such a long post. I felt I needed to list everything so you know all the things I've tried so far. Thanks.
I am having some hardware/software issues and am wondering if it could be the motherboard. First let me list my hardware:
1. ECS pa1 mvp extreme motherboard
2. p4 3.6 ghz processor
3. PGI Turbo RAM 2gb (2x1gb) ddr2 533 (pc2 4200)
4. ATI x850xt pci-e gpu
5. Western Digital SATA hdd
6. Seagate IDE hdd
7. NEC dvd-rw
8. NEC cd-rw
Software:
1.Windows XP
2.World of Warcraft (2 different sets of disks)
3.Battlefield 2
I bought most of my hardware from Newegg.com in April. Since then everything was installed and working fine till Sunday when WoW (World of Warcraft) began to have issues. I ran checkdisc and defragged my SATA hdd, but that didn’t work. So I uninstalled WoW and wasn’t able to reinstall WoW. I kept getting a c:/ drive error. So I reformatted my c:/ drive. Wasn’t able to install XP. So I switched to my IDE hdd. Still received a c:/ drive error when trying to install WoW. So I tried using my cd-rw instead of my dvd-rw. Still didn’t work. I also tried a different set of WoW install disks and even Battlefield 2 and was unable to install anything other than Windows XP. So far I have tried every combination of hardware and software and have been unable to fix my system. Could it be the southbridge on the motherboard, or some other part of the motherboard? Let me know what you think is the problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Check your event logs for any disk errors that maybe present on the system. if you're getting the same disk errors for both your sata drive and your ide drive the most likely situation is that your Motherboard is going bad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I will check that out when I get home (I'm at work now). I thought it might be the mobo, but wasn't sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.