Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you tuning enthusiasts may already know a C35a1 is from a 96-04RL. IT has successfully been swapped currently around 15 times in G2 Acura legends for added reliabilty and torque. There is one engine mount that needs to be fabricated and thats pretty much it. For ease of installation you will need to swap over the coolant water front passage, intake manifold, injectors, coil packs, and spark plugs. Then no splicing of the original wiring harness will need to be done. If you swap over the valve covers also to reuse the oil temp sensor then that is a plus. This swap is very easy and has been taken to increasing levels now. The highest highly modded one puts down 234whp/229tq N/A which some of you saw in honda tuning. However that was the first and very roughly done. Now if properly tuned/chipped and swapping cams(or reground), better injectors etc we will see even better numbers. This car fully stripped out weighs around 2300lbs and coupled with an auto is very fast to say the least. I successfully did the only piston swap as well to bump my compression up to 10.7:1. I have come here to just spread the wealth of knowledge since apparently there are alot of misguided rumor through the honda community in regards to Legends...such as swapping an NSX motor.(false). However if anything should be true is the potent type 2 motor 6spd coupe. If you see the link i provide you will see the steps i took to do the motor. It now has 7k miles on it and is the only fully built ground up 3.5L at the moment and purrs like a kitten. Thanks for your time in reading and i hope you now have further respect for your honda comrads!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2895072

Sincerely,
Swift

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the c35a1 motor comes complete are the coolant water front passage, intake manifold, injectors, coil packs, and sparkplugs necessary? I have a 95 Legend coupe, and im trying to swap out my c32a motor. Like I said im purchasing the c35a1 fully assembled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts