Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm unlucky enough to have to deal with California emissions, and I want to go turbo. Do I have any options for passing smog other than buying a carb exempt kit like Greddy's?

@ the mods: Umm, I wasn't sure where to post this. Do with it what you must. :(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Edelbrock advertises their kit as being "50-state street legal", just not sure if they make a kit specifically for your eninge.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I would move out the state. if I didn't have a choice..I wouldn't mod my car for the simple fact you hear some many guys/gals on here who say they failed this and that and have to put there stock parts back on to pass..:blahblah...i'd be pissed...you won't see me living in Cali until i've grown out of the mod car phase...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
jreese said:
I would move out the state. if I didn't have a choice..I wouldn't mod my car for the simple fact you hear some many guys/gals on here who say they failed this and that and have to put there stock parts back on to pass..:blahblah...i'd be pissed...you won't see me living in Cali until i've grown out of the mod car phase...

good luck trying to afford anything here anyways.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I think that if I do go turbo, I'll be using a Greddy kit. I'd love to do a custom setup tho. :( Damn Cali!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Have you looked into a Jackson Racing SC setup? might be another option if you wnat to go the FI route.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shiba-Kun said:
Have you looked into a Jackson Racing SC setup? might be another option if you wnat to go the FI route.
I've talked to people that have run SC's on D16's and they all wish that had done turbo instead.

However, since I still consider it an option, where can I find a good deal on a JRSC?

Where can I find some dyno's of a JRSC on a stock D16?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
Edelbrock advertises their kit as being "50-state street legal", just not sure if they make a kit specifically for your eninge.
yeah, edelbrock makes them for the d16z6, d16y8, and b16a2. i remember seeing articles in some magazines before and my brother is running it on his y8. i think he ran a low 15 at palmdale without tuning.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Looks like u might be stuck with the greddy kit. Me nor any of my friends dont pass inspection either but i work for a honda dealer so i "pass" everytime!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
boostaholic said:
exactly... that how guys with JDM engine swaps pass smog.. ususally around 100~200
Even that is hard to do anymore because most cars that are like 10 years old or more have to go to Test Only stations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts