Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my cousin just got his del sol and he wants my motor, but i told him before he goes and pays me off he should go online and look for some bargains. So he found some b16's on line cheap, but he has no idea on the difference on tranny's, hydro and cable. All i know is that b16 cable tranny has 10 less horses and 2lb less feet of torque, but is there ne other real signifigant factor? Like the way it mounts in your car, or anything like that? Then the whole OBD 1 or OBD 2 and stuff like that. Im not a super honda tech master person guy, so I appreciate ne help possible. Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
well first of all the B16A1 has 160hp and 111 lb/torque (same as the B16A2 and B16A3).

Second the B16A1 comes w/ a cable tranny. del Sol's are hydro tranny so to run a B16A1 he'd need to buy a separate hydro tranny from a B16A or B16A3 "or" get a hydro to cable conversion (not worth it). His del Sol is OBD I if it's a '93-'95 or OBD II if it's a '96-'97. The B16A2 is an OBD II so htat's the motor of choice for dropping in a B16 if his Sol is a '96-'97. BUT if his Sol is a '93-'95 then a B16A3 would be the easiest swap sicne that motor is OBD I just liek the '93-'95 Sol's. Just don't even bother w/ a B16A1.

*The B16A1 would be ok to drop in an '83-'87 or '88-'91 Civic/CRX.

Good Luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.