Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am fixing to buy me a 90 CRX SI and im going to swap a b16 into it right away. I had one question, does it matter what kind of b16 tranny you use? They have a hydrolic and a cable. Whats the difference and will either work? One more question, can i use the axels it gives me in the complete swap at hmotorsonline or do i need to buy different ones?

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Axles, use ones from 90-93 integra
You can use either hydro or cable but cable is much more convienient and easier to deal with, if you use hydro you have to buy special mount thing to convert from cable to hydro
If you order a complete motor package just get a B16a1 package and it will come with a cable trans.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i would go hydrolic for these reasons, it automaticaly ajust the pressure to the throwout bearing so u wont have to worry about being engaged when u dont want to be or not being engaged when u want to be. hydro system is easy to set up very easy and u dont need to convert any bolt up sh*t i take manual trans in college so i know whats better im sure go hydro man might seem confusing but its 2 lines and then mounting the resevwar(sp) im sure your puttin a better clutch system in and if u do im sure u dont want to ruin it good luck peace out oh

p.s. nice camo on the valve cover man lol trying to be sleeper about the lil b18 action

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
honda harley said:
i would go hydrolic for these reasons, it automaticaly ajust the pressure to the throwout bearing so u wont have to worry about being engaged when u dont want to be or not being engaged when u want to be. hydro system is easy to set up very easy and u dont need to convert any bolt up sh*t i take manual trans in college so i know whats better im sure go hydro man might seem confusing but its 2 lines and then mounting the resevwar(sp) im sure your puttin a better clutch system in and if u do im sure u dont want to ruin it good luck peace out oh

p.s. nice camo on the valve cover man lol trying to be sleeper about the lil b18 action
O.k. so you take some crap in college about manual trans, that dosnt mean you know shit about swaps. If you can save $500 buying a B16a1 over over a B16a2 and have only 10 less hp and a cable trans then do it. I would only go with a hydro trans if you are wanting to put in a B16b or a B18c5, any other motor i would deff. go with a cable trans.
And if you putting in a B16a1 there is no point in going out of the way and spending extra money for a hydro trans. I have seen 11 & 10 sec. all motor rex's with a cable trans and they don't worry about it being "engaged or not" at the wrong time.
Do what you think is better but I just don't see the point in upgrading to hydro when cable is just fine, plus cable is "old skool" lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your comments. Im going for the cable tranny since it is cheaper and im not looking for an extreme performer, just looking to get it into low 14's or 13's all motor.

·
Registered
540 Posts
pearlwhite_HF said:
O.k. so you take some crap in college about manual trans, that dosnt mean you know shit about swaps. If you can save $500 buying a B16a1 over over a B16a2 and have only 10 less hp and a cable trans then do it. I would only go with a hydro trans if you are wanting to put in a B16b or a B18c5, any other motor i would deff. go with a cable trans.
And if you putting in a B16a1 there is no point in going out of the way and spending extra money for a hydro trans. I have seen 11 & 10 sec. all motor rex's with a cable trans and they don't worry about it being "engaged or not" at the wrong time.
Do what you think is better but I just don't see the point in upgrading to hydro when cable is just fine, plus cable is "old skool" lol
u can also keep in mind that the b16a1 cable tranny was made for the rex...or at least the sir ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts