Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
no but you can make one. if you're creative enough.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
who do i look like....Martha Stuart?? Thank god no..

Troo, I could do that. Maybe I'll just buy a full CAI and sell the shortie. Anybody know of good prices on AEM CAI's?

· Registered
519 Posts
ArixSin said:
who do i look like....Martha Stuart?? Thank god no..

Troo, I could do that. Maybe I'll just buy a full CAI and sell the shortie. Anybody know of good prices on AEM CAI's?
Make your own AEM cold air intake, I am going to try this cause it's suppose to be better than the actual AEM CAI http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/performance/custom_intake/

· Registered
15 Posts
I totally forgot about slater's version of aem cai. this is the cheapest way to do it. I recently made one similar to slater's version for my friends eg hatchback and it pull nicely. total price for parts (i.e. k&n filter, etc)= $70.00. the cheapest route period.

· Registered
519 Posts
TekRacerX said:
I dunno why you guys try to make your own for $70, when you can buy one off ebay. I know they're not as good as AEM or Injen, but at least it'll save you time from building one.
I would rather take the time to build one then trust the cheap intakes off of e-bay. For 70 bucks that gives you a CAI intake painted any color you want it painted, and based on the guys experiance it tends to be better than the AEM CAI, plus you get a true K&N filter with the create your own. The ones on ebay who knows who makes them, 90% of them are made by other people and just sold on ebay with crap filters. It's your engine if I didn't make it or it doesn't have a well known name on it, i'm not bolting it to my baby.

· Registered
519 Posts
ArixSin said:
It was my understanding that AEM does use genuine K&N filters? I am misinformed?
Yeah AEM does, I was just comparing against buying an intake off off e-bay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.