Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( i cant get my gsr cai to fit my ek engine bay what can i do or what cold air intake can i use to make it fit????? help anyone, i feel i wasted my money..help!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
hows it not fitting? whats it running into? what kind of intake did u buy?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 2-piece...the bottom tube doesnt face into the fender nor bumper..it turns to the wheel....to da point where it wont fit! i think its some off brand!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but if i try to run it in front of the raditor. then there isnt a space to put on the filter! does anyone on here has cai on there gsr swap into a 96-98 civic engine bay that can help a brother out!!???

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
you could probably just mount the filter onto the first piece. youd also consume less water.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
GSR = not an EK

I have a generic 1-piece 3" CAI pipe with my LS swap in my 98 DX hatch. I had to cut out the hole in the sheetmetal behind the headlight to get the pipe through. There is a circle-shape depression in the metal that is perfect to cut open with a sawz-all or dremel. then I got some of that door-guard stuff and put it around the raw edge so it looks better and doesn't rub a hole in the pipe.

The only other option I can think of is buy a 99-00 Si cai, it might fit easier but still require a little tweaking for the GSR t/b location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.