Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey,

Wut would be the best, performance wise?? Short ram or CAI. I heard CAI would only be good if you got a manual or something. All suggestions are welcomed.

Thankz:vpleased:

· Registered
960 Posts
CAI is good for preformance regardless. You're getting cooler air, and the engine likes cool air regardless if its auto or manual.

· Registered
889 Posts
cai and short ram don't really have much difference i believe. cai jus gives u better torque in the high end and short ram gives u torque in the low end. i have a CAI on mine.. itz okay i guess. i believe short ram is okay tho, and it'll b much better if u have a heat shield along with it.

but yah.. it all pretty much sumz up to wut u want. if u want that lil push off the line, short ram. if u want that push passing carz on the freeway, cai.

· Registered
889 Posts
oh yah.. therez nutn wrong wif automatic.. so turn that frown up side down. f*ck wut ppl say bout auto. i know the power loss blah blah is less in the blah blah stick.. but yah i'm proud to have an auto. who has an easier time during rush hr?!?!? haha :D :sleep:

· Registered
3 Posts
this isn't on topic I just thought it was funny.My friend today was tryin to tell me that if you have a cold air intake, you need to hook it up to your air conditioner.lol hes a frikken ice boy

· Registered
806 Posts
i read somewhere that a short ram is better for an auto for some reason. i odn't know why though. i have an auto and i have a cai too. i'm happy with it though. i'd be happier with a turbo....

· Registered
150 Posts
I also read something about the short ram being better not just for the auto be for SOHC engines all together. It had to do with the extra strain on the cam to get air, do to the extra distance it must travel.

Don't pay any attention to me. I can't remember, just get a CAI and call it a day.

· Registered
46 Posts
go with the CAI... i can testify to that... i got it in my car... i dont really feel a LARGE increase in HP... but my butt-dyno says theres a lil sumthin extra in the high-end :D

· Registered
889 Posts
civperc said:
either way you go, short ram (what I have) or CAI, go with AEM
blah.. it doesn't really matter wut type u get. itz only a daym pipe wif holes and a nipple (yummy). there are only a few things that separate one intake brand frum another performance-wize. 1) the pipe size (diameter) .. and usually that doesn't matter as long as ur pipe is the same size as ur throttle body or bigger, and 2) the filter. get a heat shield for ur short ram, and bam u get cooler air for it (if ur driving for like 8 hrz straight at 5000rpmz tho, that mite not work too well).

in the end it still comez down to 2 things. the first thing is where u want the intake to work, and if u wanna make it look good. i know i'm repeating myself, but cai for high end and short ram for low end. my friend has a short ram and can beat me off the line, but when we're on the freeway, esp on a mild uphill, well yah u get the picture. AEM lookz good n all (to me at least), but i've seen sum other nice lookin intakez out there.

sorry for blabbing guyz.. but yah. i jus had to say all that. :sleep: :D

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn

thx for all the replyz

didnt expect to get so many. haha. I plan to get a aem cai. muaha. and yes it does look good huh? lol

oh yah.. therez nutn wrong wif automatic.. so turn that frown up side down. f*ck wut ppl say bout auto. i know the power loss blah blah is less in the blah blah stick.. but yah i'm proud to have an auto. who has an easier time during rush hr?!?!? haha
haha tru dat

hey how do u quote someone?? dont think i did it right

· Registered
2,356 Posts
Re: damn

TrUpLaYbOi said:
thx for all the replyz

didnt expect to get so many. haha. I plan to get a aem cai. muaha. and yes it does look good huh? lol

haha tru dat

hey how do u quote someone?? dont think i did it right

Whoever you want to quote, click that button underneath their post, and it'll preformat the 'quote' for you.. All you have to do is type underneath it..

· Registered
624 Posts
Here's something that should help you make up your mind.

For the past few months now, I've been debating back and forth between AEM Short Ram or CAI. For a little while, I was thinking CAI. Then, it was Short Ram. Then, CAI, then short ram. It kept going on and on, and the only real difference I was recognizing was the price. Bottom line...

CAI is better! This is almost always the case. Sure, there's hearsay about the short ram performing better in some cars, but I've never seen any actual dyno readouts to prove it. If you've got the extra cash (something like $50 more on average,) go with the CAI, you won't regret it. <-- That's the line that won me over :D

By the way, I drive a 97 civic ex auto myself... and I just ordered the CAI today. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

· Registered
72 Posts
the aem c/a/i is gorgeous looking too...
mines anodized blue, and i just ordered a bypass valve for it
it dont sound as good as a short when ur revving with the hood up but when ur dippin on the highway it has a nice kick in the ass:p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.