Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
9,883 Posts
HEK said:
I need first hand comments of your your intake if it happens to be other than stock.....AEM requires cutting the liner...which I will not do......but I heard bad things about th Injen heat shields....
Anyone........???
DC just came out with their new intake. everyone that got them seems to like them more than the AEM CAI. it comes complet with the washer bottle and evrything.
its better quality than the INJEN. plus its cheaper than the AEm. but it looks just as good and the HP gain is about the same.

check it out:
http://www.adventon.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=24&Product_ID=13425&CATID=21

· Registered
14 Posts
CAI???

Hi gang, I have the Injen Intake on my ride and its really not as bad as everyone says. Actually, I started out by ordering the AEM CAI and realized I had to cut and fab a lot. I sent it back and ordered the Injen. The fit was great and the performance is definately there. The tube is bigger and less bends than the AEM CAI which means the air travels to the motor much easier. Granted its warmer air but the heat shield does a great job when you are moving ( I tested with a thermometer). The shield hits the stearing rod on the driver side when the car is lowered but if you use an extra rubber bushing under the back bolts which you can buy at any hardware store, than the clearance is there and no problems beyond that.

If I had it to do over again, I would do the Injen again.

Get either one cheap at http://www.aieonline.com/
(not my site, just my source for good prices)

· Registered
9,883 Posts
Re: CAI???

jrc021777 said:

If I had it to do over again, I would do the Injen again.

Get either one cheap at http://www.aieonline.com/
(not my site, just my source for good prices)
injen is ok. but the quality isnt as good as the AEM/DC i think.
that place you listed price is pretty high, and offers limited selection.

HEK-your sig is way big dude. shrink it ;)

· Registered
9,883 Posts
Re: Re: Re: CAI???

HEK said:
I've been told that but no one tells me how...pm' me :rolleyes:
if you have XP then its simple. just use the photo and edit, go to resize to about 50%.
if not, any photo program has some sort of resizing or shrinking.
then after you resize, just upload it again.

· Registered
8,520 Posts
The magaize Honda Tuning, or Super Street, one of the two and i can't remember which one, tested the top CAI for the rsx. Injen came out on top, i'd check the magazine out if i were you.

· Registered
14 Posts
CAI???

Do you think we are really going to take advice from someone that was too cheap to buy a real RSX (non-type s!!!).

Go with what the pros are telling you in every magazine out there and buy the Injen. Dynos don't lie. It's tuned nice. The pipe is wider. The filter is a better quality. Less bends in the pipe = straight flow from filter to engine and oh yeah, did I mention the heat shield eliminates the hot air problem.

It's simple.

· Registered
108 Posts
Personally, I'd take a CAI AEM intake over the DC sports and Injen intakes. It'll take more work and cutting of the fenderwell, but I think its worth it. You could always go back to acura and buy another fenderwell if you decide to take out the intake. If your not into anykind of cutting, get the DC sports. I heard it was pretty good. As for the Injen, Ive been hearing alot about broken heat shields. But its all up to you.

· Registered
933 Posts
I have the Injen, and I'm very satisfied with it. I had an aem cai on my civic ex and hyrdo'd a motor, so I've been hesistant to to put one on my dc5. If you want all-out performance, cai is the way to go, no "if's" "and's" or "but's". However, that's not to say the sri wouldn't give gains. Than again, I could care less about a 2-10 hp gap, bc I'll be spraying by the end of the week.

As for the base bashing, I suggest you check out crsx. There's a base running 15.1 in the 1/4 with bolt-ons.

· Registered
49 Posts
If you don't get the AEM CAI or the DC CAI you're cheating yourself. Don't ever listen to what people say when it comes to install. Pay a tuner shop $50 to put it in right that's all. If you are ok with using a flat head screwdriver and a rachet as well as a pair of snips or heavy duty scissors you'll have no problem.

As far as cutting the splash guard - big fuggin deal - If you measure and cut just enuff around the diameter of the pipe it'll look clean as hell and will work seemlessly - You'll also learn more about your car and feel as one when you do this kinda project.

Sack up and get the AEM CAI - they make sure they R&D to the hilt and make the best product imaginable. DC is the same way even though I broke my header last night and it happens to be DC. For one thing those of you saying the INJEN is bigger diameter and straighter tube. that means jack squat. it's like this - the AEM CAI is dyno tuned for length and location as well as diameter size - they try every possible scenario building it and tune it on a dyno to give you an end product best possible. this intake will have the least restriction and suck in the coolest air as well as give you the most harmonic intake resonance to jam more air into the combustion chamber (just like forced induction only not as dramatic) - No Other Intake Can Giver you "better" gains.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.