Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,011 Posts
xBLEEDINGHEARTx said:
Awsome idea, CARB sucks, especially now in San Diego, they are having check points, like the DUI ones but for cars, they check to make sure all your ish is legal... lame
Ive seen those here in LA.....One word: TERRIFYING!!!!!
Lucky I was in my work truck.......

· Registered
2,011 Posts
temp03 said:
then tell him to fuck off, i had a problem like that the last time i got my car smogged w/ the a/m header and i just kept on pushin him until he just smogged it, the header was legal but he was questioning the legality
temp what wit the new personality?..........now you can jack your own threads:D

· Registered
2,011 Posts
Hey temp/phsyco..............why wouldnt a civic pass smoggy without the tube from the valve cover to the intake tube connected..........my ex g/f's car has a small airfilter on the valve cover, and the tech said there is a problem with the crankcase vent system.........is it that big of a deal, or did he visually not pass it??

· Registered
2,011 Posts
psycho03 said:
yes it is a big deal, throw away that filter, the crankcase ventilation system needs to be hooked up, there was an article written by TUAN on here a long time ago (i think its gone now) about this and its got some seriously negative effects.....just get a cheap piece of hose and hook it up
its been like that for three years now, with no side effects.........but ya, i planned on just hooking her stock piping back up just to be safe. The intake tube we bought had no nipple for the valve cover hose, thats why i hooked up the tiny kn&n.....

· Registered
2,011 Posts
psycho03 said:
cheap intake? it will not have a noticable effect right away, it is something that allows blowby into the combustion chambers and from there you get things wearing down
yep cheap....ractive. I just never saw the purpose in allowing blowby back into your combustion.......although my civic has the crankcase system intact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.